Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2008 7:26:35 PM EDT
Okay, now I know your going to ask why I'm asking for ideas of what to do in Rochester since I live here but I'm use to being in Syracuse during the school year for classes and being involved in plenty of activities at night. I'm getting bored already this summer and need some idea of what to do regularly.Besides shooting, going out etc. is there anything anyone does regularly or recommends trying around the city or the suburbs around the city. During the school year 4/5 nights I'm busy with some type of group or activity and now I'm just feeling like a lost puppy hanging on ARFCOM thinking of something to do. All of my friends live in other states or other cities so it's not real feasible to call up a buddy and do something. So Rochesterians give me some ideas.

ETA: Last summer I golfed 3+ times a week so I'm trying to do something else this summer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Okay, now I know your going to ask why I'm asking for ideas of what to do in Rochester since I live here but I'm use to being in Syracuse during the school year for classes and being involved in plenty of activities at night. I'm getting bored already this summer and need some idea of what to do regularly.Besides shooting, going out etc. is there anything anyone does regularly or recommends trying around the city or the suburbs around the city. During the school year 4/5 nights I'm busy with some type of group or activity and now I'm just feeling like a lost puppy hanging on ARFCOM thinking of something to do. All of my friends live in other states or other cities so it's not real feasible to call up a buddy and do something. So Rochesterians give me some ideas.

ETA: Last summer I golfed 3+ times a week so I'm trying to do something else this summer.

Dude, I'm thinking of joining an adult kickball team. No joke. If your interested, Tuesday nights in July and August, total cost is $30 for the summer. IM me if your interested in more details, its run out of the local YMCA but geared for adults.
I'm trying to get Raysheen to sign up as well

Or you can always start reloading...can't ever have to much ammo
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You could drive up to the High Falls brewery and advise them on how to create a pallatable beer. In my 10 years of drinking prowess, I have yet to consume one of their products that could be called "good"
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you, Rich.. There's not a whole lot to do which is not apparent to us because we are used to having activities during the school year.. Hopefully I'll be workings oon so that won't be a problem for me.

I'd pick up some biking becuase there's some nice trails around here, especially up near the lakes. I haven't done that myself because I don't really have anybody to go with.

Shooting's out of the picture for me at the moment as some of you know.

I'd go fishing as well, I used to be big into fishing but I don't have any gear here, I left it all back home but maybe I'll borrow some from my neighbor and get a license.

Golf would be good, but again I don't have any of my stuff here otherwise we could go and play a few rounds sometimes.. Althouh you said you want to do something different.

I'd go with what luvBUSHmaster said about the dodgeball that does sound like fun, and different.

It's a pain being somewhere that you don't really know the area. I can ask someone that I know who lives here what he does during the summer although I know he plays softball, racquetball with some teams here, that's an option.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
ive got a great idea!!!!! get a part time job!!!! j/k you could always get into gang bangin' or just get a few friends together and partake in a few random acts of violence?

or just become a lonly gamer and buy PS3 and spend 8+ hours aday playing halo and talking to all your friends about how your a level 3 dungen master!!!

theres so many fun things to do its hard to pick!....lol im just playing with ya bud.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
eat MOAR Tahou's!

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Well,  

1)  You could take up something like photography.  The you can do as I did when I was your age.  I must have 1,500 photos from Letchworth State Park alone.

2)  Volunteer at the Genesee Country Museum. If you are not into history, then they have a nature center that is pretty good.

3)  Tutor a kid.

4)  Plenty of softball leagues and even some summer bowling leagues.

5)  You could clean my guns for me.  That would take several days.

6)  If you are not already, get married and buy a house.  Your new wife will find lots of projects to keep you busy.

7)  Umpire Little League games.  Nothing like having a coach take his team home when you call a kid out on a hidden ball play.  Plenty of soccer referees needed too.  

8)  Coaching kids is actually a lot of fun.  How else would you get to see a six year old girl pull off an unassisted triple play in a t-ball game.  

7)  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Garbage Plate at Tahou's!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm coming to Rochester/Victor this week to visit the in-laws. Any good fun shops in the area?

Pro Gun in victor. I live about 3 mins from the place.

During the year I tutor inner city kids so I'm going to take the summer off from that. I'm getting into hiking and that is something I plan on doing when possible.

Kickball is definitely a go for me

I'm not a big fisherman but this might be worth a try around here.

I was at letchworth two weeks ago w/ my dogs and got a few great pics while doing a short hike.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm going to add a bunch of them to my list of things to do this summer.

Screenname, I almost had a job for the summer w/ an investment bank in rochester until my phone didn't register their voicemail msg until 10 days after the guy left it. I might have to look for a summer job for some $

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You could drive up to the High Falls brewery and advise them on how to create a pallatable beer. In my 10 years of drinking prowess, I have yet to consume one of their products that could be called "good"

dude honey brown is awsome! im drinking it rite now
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#12]
you could always do some exploring of the city...a nighttime stroll through the 19th ward is always relaxing   Fishing is a good idea though...I'm always trying to get out and do stuff outside during the summer...I regret it all winter long if I don't. When I'm feeling like you, I like to try to learn a new skill. Do you like beer? You could learn how to brew your own...you can kill many a weekend brewing beer. (not to mention drinking it ) If you'd like to give it a try then let me know as I have all of the hardware that you'll need to get started with either extract or all grain and you are welcome to use it.    
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
I'm coming to Rochester/Victor this week to visit the in-laws. Any good fun shops in the area?

You could also check out Liberty Guns at the NE corner of the 332/96 intersection.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could also check out Liberty Guns at the NE corner of the 332/96 intersection.

I haven't been in that place in years and I drive by it at least once a day. Extremely overpriced and the owner has an ego.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top