Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2008 3:41:32 PM EDT
Tactical response is coming to South Jersey Shooting Club in August 2008.

Spend that check President Bush is sending out on some High quality training with Tactical Response right here in NJ!

www.southjerseyshootingclub.com/

August 18-21 2008

Fighting Pistol
Monday and Tuesday

Fighting Rifle
Wednesday and Thursday

For more information IM me or contact Tactical Response.  I don't work for TR I just did all of the leg work to put this together.  This a good opportunity to take some high speed training and not have to travel far!

Price is $400 per class plus $20 range fee per day.  Register at the hot links above and select the Winslow, NJ course.

However i am in talks with the managemnt to see if we can work a deal in which your range fee can be rolled into a full blown membership at the range.  I will advise further as things become more solid.

Also for the initial class the number of students is 11 per course.  However if the demand is there and we can make the numbers work for TR we may be able to double that to 22 students.  Will advise on that as information becomes more definite.

Mods please IM me and delete this thread if it isn't appropriate for the hometown forum.

In an attempt to keep track of parties interested in the class i have set up a Gmail account.  Email me saying if your interested in one or both classes.  If just one specify which.

[email protected]

ETA: Better photo and more info
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh I want to attend this one. I have to see what kind of magic I can pull. If I can't make this session, I hope that it will come around again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh isn't it kinda early to post something about this???  I mean its over 6 months away.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Uh isn't it kinda early to post something about this???  I mean its over 6 months away.  

Well most people need to request off from work and secure funds for the class and ammunition.  I was just throwing this out there so those interested can plan accordingly.  The class should be on TR's website some time this week.  

Class is limited to 11 participants for each class.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to do both classes.

Edited to add: I am signed up for both classes
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well most people need to request off from work and secure funds for the class and ammunition.  I was just throwing this out there so those interested can plan accordingly.  The class should be on TR's website some time this week.  

Class is limited to 11 participants for each class.

Tosser hit the nail right on the head. You will need those six months if you're taking the class, it is a bargain BTW compared to some of the classes that I have attended in the past (BW, 10-8 Consulting ). I think it's great they are coming to town because travel expenses in addition to the class, ammo, accessories will put you well over a grand.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Great stuff...TR training without all the West Tennessee heat 'n humidity, or the hassle and legal risk of flying with firearms from NJ.

Will Yeager be conducting the training himself?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I am gonna try to make it down for one of these. TR offers some great courses and they have been highly recommended to me from various high level trainers.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in what is the cost.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am in what is the cost.

See those red lettered words Fighting Pistol, Fighting Rifle, click on one of them
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Great stuff...TR training without all the West Tennessee heat 'n humidity, or the hassle and legal risk of flying with firearms from NJ.

Will Yeager be conducting the training himself?  

Yeager can not guarantee that he himself will be instructing the class but the possibility is there.  I asked the same question on the phone yesterday.  However all of his instructors are of the same par.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested in both classes.  

Cain1(Moose)
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Any chance of tactical response holding a fighting rifle class at calverton in NY? Pretty please?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeager can not guarantee that he himself will be instructing the class but the possibility is there.  I asked the same question on the phone yesterday.  However all of his instructors are of the same par.  

No doubt about their quality, but none can throw motivational profanity like the Yeagermeister.  

It wouldn't be a deciding factor for me...just entertainment value.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt about their quality, but none can throw motivational profanity like the Yeagermeister.  

It wouldn't be a deciding factor for me...just entertainment value.

His bluntness is uncanny.  Should be fun.  See updates in original post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#15]
BTT for weekend crew,
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This a good opportunity to take some high speed training and not have to travel far!

i'm interested, but i have a basic question --

what is the target audience for these classes?  is the expected incoming level of expertise that of a basic firearms enthusiast, a patrol officer, a competitive 3 gun shooter, a SWAT officer, or an ex-Ranger/Delta/SEAL operator?  

thanks,
ar-jedi
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This a good opportunity to take some high speed training and not have to travel far!

i'm interested, but i have a basic question --

what is the target audience for these classes?  is the expected incoming level of expertise that of a basic firearms enthusiast, a patrol officer, a competitive 3 gun shooter, a SWAT officer, or an ex-Ranger/Delta/SEAL operator?  

thanks,
ar-jedi

Target Audience for the classes is all that you have listed.  There have been 11 year old children taking the fighting pistol class with their fathers as well as active duty military/ SF background operators.  Having a general working knowledge of shooting is required.  These classes teach you how to FIGHT and win with your pistol/rifle.

Check out tactical response's webpage for further information.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#19]
As of last week there were 5 for the pistol and 3 for the rifle.  We need 10 in each to make this thing happen!
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#20]
i think i'd really like this... have to figure out if i can work it out with work schedules.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in.  Registered a few minutes ago.  So that's another for the Rifle. Put me in the Gun Enthusiast category...I'm not a Delta Seal Ninja Force Warrior...just want to learn more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]
tag for subscription
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump for Friday!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
2 more in for Fighting Pistol.  My father and I just registered.

Thanks for organizing this Tosser!  Sure beats traveling all the way to TN for training.
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]
add another for 'fighting pistol'.
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad to see more people signing up!  Will call tomorrow and get a better update on people registered from the folks down at TR.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Currently:

8 In Fighting Pistol and 3 Fighting Rifle

We need 10 in each to make this thing work.  Come on people!
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#28]
gmail sent with question, might have 2 for fighting rifle.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT we need to fill both classes in order for this to fly.   Come on people
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:02:48 AM EDT
[#30]
BUMP for Tosser.  Let's do this people!!!!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep! I'm signed on! See you guys there!   gd
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yep! I'm signed on! See you guys there!   gd

if there are enough people... hopefully.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#33]
They never said anything on the website about  having to fill a quota. So this might not go down? They might have told me that when I signed up. Nice!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
BTT we need to fill both classes in order for this to fly.   Come on people

i'm assuming this means they need to fill a quota? could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I was told my TR that in order for them to travel they needed to have two full classes.  Essentially there is a quota.  Yes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a choice of 3 places I wanted to train. TR was at the top of the list because it they were comin to NJ and I wanted to treain with them for along time. My other choices were Balckwater Carbine/Pistol and Pat Rogers (Carbine) both in North Carolina. Hope I didn't make the wrong choice.     gd
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#37]
The need to have at least 10 students per class was specifically mentioned earlier in the thread.

Tell your buddies to come, classes are always more enjoyable with friends.

You will not be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#38]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#39]
at what point is there a cutoff to determine if this course is going to happen or not?
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#40]
What is the status of the courses? So far I see that pistol has enough but carbine doesn't, so does that mean that both are a no-go? I have family coming in from Canada and I might have to give them the boot, if I'm in South NJ for training.

I am on the fence at the moment about attending both classes, long daily drive for me and hotel costs on top of everything will push it out of my limited financial range. I just ordered an XD and will be ordering ammo this week as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Been busy this past week with the family.  Will call tomorrow and advise.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#42]
At the present we have  10 Pistol and 4 For the Rifle.

Still working on when the "cut off" date is.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]
do both need to be full for anything to happen?
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I've tried pimping the class to my associates in NY, but they all have concerns about bringing pistols and semi-auto rifles into NJ. Plenty of people want to take it but are afraid of getting jacked up with a weapons charge.

Perhaps some info in the opening post to help clarify the legality of such might help recruit students from outside PRNJ. Also throw this out on some NY and MD boards - NYSRPA calendar for one. Call the OBCATS guys in Old Bridge too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#45]
any further info on this actually happening?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, do to lack of truly knowing what is going on, I am going have to pass on this one and will be getting some training else where. I've signed up for a 'combat /security detail medic' course in the beginning of the month which takes my monthly budget down to nill for August. Bummer.... Better comms and sign ups certainly would've helped.

I'm not flaming you Tosser, you certainly have done your part. Perhaps if TR had been more involved with this thread we might have gotten a better turn out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like this may be a no go! I can't believe we can't even fill 2 classes! Oh well. I will hang in for a couple of weeks but I'm going to look for alternatives.   gd
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Looks like this may be a no go! I can't believe we can't even fill 2 classes! Oh well. I will hang in for a couple of weeks but I'm going to look for alternatives.   gd

this is a definitive answer or assumption?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#49]
they were offering the same courses in PA, i think?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#50]
The NJ classes are still on the schedule. A determination as to go/no go will probably take place 2 weeks prior to the start date.

Wojo - Tactical Response has participated in this thread. I have offered guidance and clarification in previous posts, regarding registration and ways to boost attendance. It is the hosts responsibility to secure the facility and to fill the slots. I have flat out told you folks who to call to generate some interest, and what to post in this thread to address concerns about bringing guns into NJ. I have personally contacted about 20 people in the NY area who had expressed interest in our classes but hesitate due to NJ laws.

And if anyone has any questions about registrations, cutoff dates, or what kind of socks to wear, the number is 1-877-7LETHAL. Don't wait for someone else on the board to ask for you.

Tim Mulverhill
Instructor
Tactical Response, Inc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top