Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 12:59:21 PM EDT
Just wanted to share with everybody my very positive experience I had at "The Gun Store" on Erie Blvd in Schenectady the other day.  On other trips into the store I had been met with sub-par customer service.  However, yesterday I went in looking for a particular remington 700 that I knew would have to be ordered.  In the past my requests for special orders had been met with requests to leave my name and number and assurances of a phone call that ultimately never came.  This time though, within 2 hours of leaving the store, I recieved a call that they had located one and could have it within the week.  So, I went back, put my deposit, and left.  Imagine my suprise again when I got yet another phone call just to let me know that the gun was on its way.  
    Anyway, long story, but the bottom line: I consider myself a hard person to impress, and I'm impressed.  Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep I hear ya there. I had them put together an ar for me when they first opened under the latter name. I ended up getting an upper that the burn out working there at the time with chew drooilng from his mouth, didn't even know what it was. I refused to pay for crap and had to wait for the regular ar guy to get back, and than he told me it would be a 6 month wait for a good upper with cromelined barrel. Went back about a week ago and they told me I could have a cmmg upper in two wks and were much more helpful.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the pricing and selection there now?  I always liked Special Arms and have bought some small AR-15 parts and done some transfers with them over the years, but their prices were always much too high for complete rifles.  

Also, do they still do AR-15 gunsmithing-type work such as barrel threading, etc. anymore?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The pricing seems to be competitive, the rem 700 i just bought ended up being almost 200 below what remington listes as their msrp, and if thats always the case i wish i bought my stag from them, because i had to pay full retail for that.  as for other stuff, i bought some black hills 55gr jsp in .223 the other day, the price was a little high compared to some internet prices ive seen.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]
oh, also, they claim to do all gunsmithing, including coating.  I havent had any experiences with them yet, nor do i know anyone who has, so i cant speak for the quality of the work.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They anodized an EA AR15 lower for me that was that terrible light gray and when I got it back it was dark black and was real close to my upper. I have also had Mark thread a couple barrels and tig a couple compensators for me and I was happy with the way they came out. I have always had a good experience down there and its nice to not have to ship something to another state to get it done. My next project is going to be getting a Serbu shorty from them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top