Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 7:08:48 AM EDT
Was there and down the line it looked like some guy was shooting a M1A from the distance. Looked at him he was banging on his gun, don't know what happened or anything if it did. About 5 min later I hear a weird sounding shot and look over and notice that the gun blew jup on him! The guy was alright but the gun was toast from the looks of it. The range officer was there too watching and goes, what ammo were you shooting?

The guy responds: I made it myself, but the bullets would not stay in place and fell in the case so I crimped them in.    

People with lots of money to spend but not a whole lot of brains.

What would happen if that was a bolt action rifle say a cheap Mosin nagant or something?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this submission is a runner up for a Darwin Award. I bet he has cheated death a number of times, but the reaper is closing in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I crimp all my .308 loads for semi-auto's. However I use a very light crimp. A maximum load and a heavy crimp is just asking for trouble most of the time.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have reloaded for years... Semis will take a light roll crimp especially on a cannelured bullet.

Maybe he used a "pre-ignition" powder for helping the powder reach its max CUP FASTER.

No joke there was some asshole @ Montrose-Buchanan in the 80's bagging about such a "theory" he was trying to hands-on "discover".

Nothing like cheating death, awaiting for blindness and partial or full handicap.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrong diameter bullets?
Chambered a round and the bullet stuck (squibbed) then dropped another in behind it?
I use a Lee "Factory Crimp" die for a final step. It's not critical, but sure doesn't hurt when feeding auto-loaders.

If the ammo don't look right, it isn't!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top