Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2007 9:03:39 AM EDT
After looking over the NYC pistol premise application I am left wondering why it takes so many months.  I figure they run a criminal check, contact your gun custodian, perhaps landlord, jobs, etc?  Anyone know what they do and why it takes so long?  Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It takes so long because they can.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
and it doesn't really hurt their cause of disarming everyone if it is a long expensive process either
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny you don't see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson whipping out the race card and protesting that the exorbitant pistol license fees discriminate against poor black folks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After looking over the NYC pistol premise application I am left wondering why it takes so many months.  I figure they run a criminal check, contact your gun custodian, perhaps landlord, jobs, etc?  Anyone know what they do and why it takes so long?  Thanks for your help

That duration of time is supposed to be a disincentive.

Gives you time to cool off if you wanted to just teach your nabe a lesson in the heat  of the moment.

and of course, because they can. It's not run like an ENTERPRISE, so whatever warm bodies get around to doing stuff...that's how it goes.
'Drew
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Doorman from my old building submitted his application for a NYC premises license over a year ago.

After 6 months, he heard nothing.

At 8 months, he inquired as to what the issue was.

He was told that the notary who had signed his application was expired at the time that he was notarized (can you believe they checked)?

He then had to resubmit his entire application and the 6 month clock started again.  

He's still waiting, but at least they let him reapply his fee.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
geez, i cant believe that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top