Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2007 1:14:10 PM EDT
What the * is up with the dealers here? I paid cash down to a dealer in my area on wednesday, in excess of his asking price for the lower, for a Rock River and was told it would be ordered the next day. (this was at 15:45). The next day I called and was told it had not been ordered yet. I asked them to call when this was done and ended up calling them back three hours later to be told it had not been done yet. I then asked if they could order after we got off the phone and was given an affirmative, and a promise of call back. The call came one hour and 20 minutes later, and I was told it would take four months to get it delivered. (I originally asked for them to order a Double Star and it was not done). I told them to cancel the order and call Double Star because the folks at DS said they could make a two week delivery - They called and got a promise of mid July. I called again this morning at 10:00, identified myself and refamiliarized the clerk with the transaction to which he replied affirmatively, and I asked for a follow up email with the delivery time and total including tax which he told me he would take care of a.s.a.p. - My amazement continues as it is now 17:00 and no email has yet arrived. I used to think cash was a preferred medium of trade, but I seem to be wrong. I am not asking for above and beyond the call of duty, just a fair deal and timely response. I am thinking about looking for someone else to handle this transaction - which seems rather simple to me. Running into this kind of wall of * is just wrong on so many levels - and these guys are supposed to be the best.

I have taken care not to mention names here, although the temptation is great, I will not behave that way. I used to work as a gunsmith in a class III shop and at another gunsmithing concern, and I can tell you that this is not the way they did things 15 years ago in another state (which I will not name for reasons of preserving anonymity).

Sure makes you feel welcome in a new place.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Call this ARFCOM Industry partner  and see if he can hook you up with a RRA lower.

www.ar15sales.com/

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered my lower from Essential Arms and had it 3 days later.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Have your dealer order a Stag Arms directly from them in CT.  Delivery will be in 2 days or less to a NY gun shop.  Stag and RRA are the same lower from CMT, except the Stag is $25 less.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
WHERE are you located?   Depending on where, you may be able to order it yourself and pay noting but the transfer fee, rather than the fee plus a mark up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Dealers sometimes get breaks from the maufacturers.  I priced out what it would cost to have an FFL transfer a lower from Armalite using their web prices.  It turned out the dealer was able to get a lower from them cheaper.  

If the delaer isnt working for you, just go to another dealer.  Transfers are easy to do.
I just had a 2nd hand armalite lower complete without butt stock transfered from a guy in New Mexico.  paid 220 for the lower, 20 to ship, and 30 NICs... a
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]

I know what you mean. Profit margins must be slim in the gun business, because dealers have to do serious volume and take lots of orders to make any money. This, combined with many companies being perpetually overwhelmed with orders, can make for a frustrating build. Try getting something repaired if you think it takes a long time to actually spend money!

Heck,  I also have a RRA complete OD green A2 lower with 2-stage NM trigger, 15 rounds test fired, perfect condition, etc, that I'd sell for $340 shipped or $330 FTF. IM or email me. This lower will find its way to the EE sometime this month most likely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top