Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2007 6:45:20 AM EDT
I remember a while back some of you guys were going to Pennsylvania to get your FL ccw.   Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I remember a while back some of you guys were going to Pennsylvania to get your FL ccw.   Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks

This is the place I was looking into. Never did follow through. I was looking to take the course so I could satisfy my Orange County NY pistol permit requirements as well as get my FL carry permit at the same time. Good thing I didn't do it as I found out that the course had to be a NY state course.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
You can also check out http://www.rafire.com/training.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I took the course at Ready, Aim, Fire and it was given by a Personal Defense Solutions trainer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
It might be a better idea to take the class at a range instead of at a gun show. Thats because there is a shooting qualification part to the class, which is easy to do at a range and not at a gunshow. I think with the gunshow class, you then have to go to the range at a later date to complete the class.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Florida Non-Resident Concealed Firearms Permit Class:
The next class will be held Saturday, April 21, 2007 from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Visit our training section for details.

http://www.rafire.com/index_body.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool thanks guys.   I have to check into going.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
A good friend of mine does training classes and qualifications in NJ at Ray's sporting goods... he is a NRA certified instructor and i believe all you have to have for a
FL non-resident CCW is a certification saying that you have taken a basic pistol course but dont quote me on it... i may or may not be in the process of getting one...

if your interested in not having to go to PA to take a course PM me and ill ask him when the next time he's doing a class is..... and ill find out price
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info bikerchick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top