Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2007 1:33:39 PM EDT
Is this legal?  Through judicious use of the search function I've read all about NY's AWB but I still am not quite sure.

Can I buy a currently manufactured AR-15 lower receiver?  Or does it have to be a '93 lower?
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
you may purchase any stripped lower you lil heart desires it just needs to be assembled into ny compliance meaning not bayo lug, no threaded barell and no collapsible/folding stock. i wiould reccomend spikes tactical lowers pretty nice and a really fair price $220.00 with a2 stock and lpk
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
anymore confirmation on this?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, buy as many as you want, but unless they were manufactured prior to Sept. 14, 1994, you have to ensure they comply with the law when complete.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, i've ordered and built a couple. It MUST comply with the AWB. No worries, just follow the law, don't try to fine clever "loopholes".
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the replies...I'm looking forward to my first AR and first build.  Ordered a Stag Arms stripped lower from kblagg here...It was hard to buy just one...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top