Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:05:49 PM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66685903

besides the mag, is this legle in NY? most of you that know me know i dont care about stupid little shit like the flash hider, but the weight and stuff....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont know but that is sweet looking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

Posty over 50 oz.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
the barrel shroud is a no-no too
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
IF YOU HAVE THIS MAG LOCK KIT THEN YES
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=60
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=60

what the hell is that? you mean to tell me if i install thatthen that guns NY OK? but by the sounds of it it locks, but then you can just turn it and it'll unlock the mag alowing you to put a 30rnd in?

fill me in as to how this works?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And with a 30 round pre-ban mag locked in place, you New Yorkers could have a real blast with it!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
pk told me you can use it in nj, I will be geting one for each lower and my ar PISTOL
they are useing it in ca now,..so if it good for ca and nj it has to be ok for ny as you know ca is #1 and nj is #2 for gun control...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The button is aluminum and will come with an allen wrench. It can be used on all AR-15 type rifles and AR-10 rifles using a stock AR-15 button.

The button can also be used as a real mag button when using it as such is permitted by law. Simply turn the allen screw counter clockwise three times to gain such functionality. Turning it three times clockwise re-locks the magazine. To complete turns either way, you are required to use the included allen wrench, which meets the requirements of a tool as set forth by the CA DOJ.

This kit cannot be manipulated without a tool.

Included are instructions for several levels of locking. Level one is more than adequate for complying with the law as stated by the State of California.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The button is aluminum and will come with an allen wrench. It can be used on all AR-15 type rifles and AR-10 rifles using a stock AR-15 button.

The button can also be used as a real mag button when using it as such is permitted by law. Simply turn the allen screw counter clockwise three times to gain such functionality. Turning it three times clockwise re-locks the magazine. To complete turns either way, you are required to use the included allen wrench, which meets the requirements of a tool as set forth by the CA DOJ.

Included are instructions for several levels of locking. Level one is more than adequate for complying with the law as stated by the State of California.

Okay, let me play devil's advocate for a moment here.
The object is to avoid the whole "Assault Weapon" definition by making an AR-type firearm into one that no longer can be described as having a "detachable magazine" right?
Well, this is New Jersey, not California, so CA DOJ rulings don't mean anything here.
Is there any WRITTEN evidence from NJ legislators, judges or prosecutors that being required to "use a tool" rather than just having to push a button or operate a lever to detach a magazine from a semiautomatic firearm takes that firearm out of the definition of "a semiautomatic firearm that accepts detachable magazines?"

Inquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 2:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, let me play devil's advocate for a moment here.
The object is to avoid the whole "Assault Weapon" definition by making an AR-type firearm into one that no longer can be described as having a "detachable magazine" right?
Well, this is New Jersey, not California, so CA DOJ rulings don't mean anything here.
Is there any WRITTEN evidence from NJ legislators, judges or prosecutors that being required to "use a tool" rather than just having to push a button or operate a lever to detach a magazine from a semiautomatic firearm takes that firearm out of the definition of "a semiautomatic firearm that accepts detachable magazines?"

Inquiring minds want to know

yes, I also would like to know. how does this make the gun NY OK if hte guns over 50oz to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
yes, I also would like to know. how does this make the gun NY OK if hte guns over 50oz to begin with?

The "Assault Weapon" criteria is based on firearms that have detachable magazines.  If the magazine is not removable, then it does not matter if the stock collapses, it has a bayonet lug, flash hider or threaded barrel.  Of course, IMO.

Use of the tool should be restricted to disassembly for cleaning at somewhere private.  This tool should be kept separate from the firearm.  Loading the firearm is made by pivoting the upper open and loading the non-detachable magazine from the top, like an SKS.

As far as I know, there is no NJ/NY case testing this.  There might be a Federal case.  There is definitely a CA case.

While this writer makes every effort to present accurate, non-copyrighted and reliable information on this internet site, I do not endorse, approve or certify such information, nor do I guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness or correct sequencing of such information. Use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, copyrighted material, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by this writer. I assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or from use of the information obtained at linked internet addresses, or in any respect for the content of such information, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy or personal rights of others. I am not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information. No guarantees or warranties, including, but not limited to, any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are made by me with respect to such information. At certain places on this internet site, live "links" to other internet addresses can be accessed. Such external internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of this web site. Any material on this internet site which is discovered to have copyright ownership by other parties shall be promptly removed upon notification by the owners of such copyright.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top