Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2007 3:12:18 PM EDT
can ammo be shipped to new york city????i dont think so but my local ups thinks it can??
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]

I've ordered ammo from Cabelas, Midway, and a few others without problem.  I live in Staten Island.  Keep in mind NYC only allows possesion of ammo for firearms registered on your permit. Delivered by UPS too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've ordered ammo from Cabelas, Midway, and a few others without problem.  I live in Staten Island.  Keep in mind NYC only allows possesion of ammo for firearms registered on your permit. Delivered by UPS too.
so the ups driver check your id?? i live upstate and have apt on staten island too??
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Just have it shipped to your "upstate addy"!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
well  heres the problem im in the city during the week and upstate on the weekend (ups dont work weekends)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard in the past of people getting a call from their local PD to ask about the ammo getting delivered. As long as you have a registered firearm in the same caliber your good to go. My personal experience is that I've never known anyone first hand that got questioned. I have had some UPS drivers coming to my house and looking at me odd with ammo deliveries but never any problems.

Riese

Quoted:

Quoted:
so the ups driver check your id?? i live upstate and have apt on staten island too??
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
as you know rifles arent registered up state that why im asking
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well  heres the problem im in the city during the week and upstate on the weekend (ups dont work weekends)

Whereabouts upstate
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
delaware county
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
John, believe it or not, UPS just leaves it on my door step.  No checking of documents, not even a need to sign.  Possibly because I live in a development where the packages cannot be seen unless you walk right up to my front door.  I've never had a problem.  As long as your everything is legit permit wise, I don't think there would be a problem.  Give Midway a try.  Prices aren't the best, but they are fair and customer service is the best.  Good luck and let us know how you do.

Ooops, just read your reply..... Yes, I see your problem, it's rifle ammo and there is no need to register rifles outside of the city.  Got ya,  ok, don't have an answer for you.  I haven't ordered anything outside of the norm for me that would get me in trouble.  How about applying for a rife shotgun permit for your NYC address?  The only thing that sucks about that is going to queens to submit the application, it's not done at 1P.P..
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
i just recieved 2000 round from wilson combat .they had the best prices i found .im affraid of snow  oh my ups drive left it by garage right along the street
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I once received 4,000 rounds by UPS.  I also at the same time received at work a phone call from a NYPD Sergeant and got the third degree on the shipment.  Had I not had a permit I'm sure that I would been arrested.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never ordered in that quantity before, but I do find it kinda scary that you were questioned about it.  wow.  Did they ask you to provide permit info?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I was asked for the particulars on my permit, I was also asked whether I had pistols in each of the calibers I ordered (IIRC, it was 9mm, 45 and .38 special).  The Sgt. also asked me what "TMJ" meant, which was written on one of the boxes -- I blanked on what it was, he then asked if they were "armor piercing bullets" -- to which I responded that armor piercing handgun bullets were illegal to sell.

At some point I remember telling him that he should call and verify my permit if he had any questions, and he said "don't worry, I will."

As I heard it later from my doorman, it was the UPS man who dropped the dime on me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
At some point I remember telling him that he should call and verify my permit if he had any questions, and he said "don't worry, I will."

As I heard it later from my doorman, it was the UPS man who dropped the dime on me.

Damn, just damn! You think the UPS man did it because it was handgun ammo?
You got a doorman, live in a nice building, is your UPS driver just an asshole in general?
This is why I got a deal with a buddy of ours that if I need to I can have ammo
shipped to his L.I. address and if anyone asks he can just flash his badge and say
'cause I'm a D.A. Man, Bitch!" Last ammo I got was a FTF with a guy from CT.
Gotta love the EE!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#15]
In Nassau County and have never had a problem with UPS deliveries, which have probably amounted to about 10,000 rounds over the last 4 years.  Not a lot, but with the stickers that Midway, Natchez, SG and Cabelas use,  they had to know what was inside.  Our UPS guy just rings the doorbell, runs back and waves from the truck if I got to the porch quick enough.  Sounds like your UPS guy was one of the f-UPS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]
SPEER® TMJ® Handgun Bullets

Speer TMJ handgun bullets represent the highest evolution of the full metal jacket bullet. Uni-Cor® technology bonds the jacket to the core for terrific uniformity, and eliminates the opening found on the base of "other" FMJ bullets. This means reduced airborne lead because the lead core is encapsulated in copper. No trick "base covers" — our jackets are one-piece. Conventional FMJ bases can deform under pressure, and that hurts accuracy — TMJs won't let this happen.

Accurate and economical, TMJ bullets are available in calibers from 25 to 50, including three tack-driving match bullets in 9mm and 45 caliber and three silhouette match bullets in 357 and 44 caliber
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

NYS does restrict the sale of handgun ammunition to pistol licensees but since there are rifles chambered in 9mm, 10mm, .44 .45 .357 and .38 etc. it is not enforceable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NYS does restrict the sale of handgun ammunition to pistol licensees but since there are rifles chambered in 9mm, 10mm, .44 .45 .357 and .38 etc. it is not enforceable.

Not according to Elliot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top