Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2007 2:28:34 PM EDT
?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they are glorified taxis.  They have livery plates.  I see them all the time and would love to hammer one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Did one run you off the road today?
Didnt scratch up the RSX did you?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
hehehe - that's what I told my ma when she asked me: "I run them off the belt all the time!"..

My  grandparents are moving form Elizabeth into a small wing off my parents house till their apartment a block away is ready. Grandpa is an empty, weak, almost lifeless body from Alzheimers and needs to be brought here via ambulette.  (though I told my mom, the way I drive, I'll have him up and cursing in no time if I drive him here)....

I'm busy helping them with the move, mainly packing and making digital scans of his WW2 papers and photos (saipan) and his fathers WW1 papers and photos (sooooo cool), also got whole scrapbooks from prohibition (the family liquor bussiness went back to teh civil war era, so of course, prohibition got my great-grandpa some headlines!).....
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hehehe - that's what I told my ma when she asked me: "I run them off the belt all the time!"..

My  grandparents are moving form Elizabeth into a small wing off my parents house till their apartment a block away is ready. Grandpa is an empty, weak, almost lifeless body from Alzheimers and needs to be brought here via ambulette.  (though I told my mom, the way I drive, I'll have him up and cursing in no time if I drive him here)....

I'm busy helping them with the move, mainly packing and making digital scans of his WW2 papers and photos (saipan) and his fathers WW1 papers and photos (sooooo cool), also got whole scrapbooks from prohibition (the family liquor bussiness went back to teh civil war era, so of course, prohibition got my great-grandpa some headlines!).....

Wonder if you'll get lucky and find some souviners Wouldn't it be nice to find an original holstered Navy Luger in all that stuff....

Why do we drive on a "parkway" and park on a "driveway".  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish he had souveineirs!  Did find his fathers 30-06 qualification!  but no 30-06 ..

These people save EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! but no bring backs.

They didn't have terribly good times in the Army though as Jews (until combat that is, then no one cared, but up to and until they were in theater, they were really given alot of shit.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
next Access-A-Ride I find, I'm banging
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I see ambulances on all the parkways all the time.

ETA: In NY, Expressways are for trucks and commercial traffic and Parkways are for passenger vehicles.

No Frank, not ambulances.  Ambulettes are basically dollar vans with lifts that pick up the old and the invalid.  In theory they sound great, but in practice it's a NY cabbie in a big cargo van.  They drive like sh*t.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#9]
the drivers are generally NOT the most ambitious, upstanding members of society.

usually bottom of the bottom.  

these are teh guys who can't even get the jobs IN the nursing homes....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top