Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:16:45 PM EDT
Should I buy 1 Kimber or 2 other pistols (Glock G19 and CZ 75 P01).

Tough decision.

I really like the Kimbers, but appreciate the other 2.

In this case, is 2 better than 1?

Thanks for humoring me on this one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Handguns are a matter of personal fit and prefrence. I do not like Glocks. There's nothing wrong with them, they just don't do it for me, Some folks feel the same about 1911 platforms. best bet it to try several diffrent handguns and piss on what anybody says, when one feels right in your hand, you'll know it, and it'll make a diffrence in your shooting (in most cases). One handgun will never suffice; you'll need one for carry, another for the house, one for hunting, one for target practice,....
The Kimber is hold its value and have a better return if you decide to sell or trade it later...Glocks are $350~$550 most everywhere.
A gunrange with rentals would be a good place to start, we used to let prospective customers try out used guns out back, especially when they're undecided about a modle.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have pretty much tried them all and settled on the above listed.  I may get all three, but at this point can only afford one of the two choices.  I will definately own a G19 Glock, it was made for my hand.  I know because I shoot well with it.  The CZ also feels great in my hand.  The Kimber has a sort of lust effect on me. hat
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Or get a cheaper 1911 and use the funds to get one of the other two...I'm biased towards Glocks, personally.

I spent a total of just under $570 buying a used Springfield GI Champion, then having a beavertail safety and Commander hammer & sear fitted onto it.  I gathered data on having it really upfitted w/ the good stuff, but decided to go low-buck on this one and put the funds toward a Wilson Professional later down the road.  

After shooting a ~$3K custom built 1911 at the last Dix Blast, I knew that a high-end one was in my future.  Trying to modify the Springfield to that level of quality just didn't make sense.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Or get a cheaper 1911 and use the funds to get one of the other two...I'm biased towards Glocks, personally.

I spent a total of just under $570 buying a used Springfield GI Champion, then having a beavertail safety and Commander hammer & sear fitted onto it.  I gathered data on having it really upfitted w/ the good stuff, but decided to go low-buck on this one and put the funds toward a Wilson Professional later down the road.  

After shooting a ~$3K custom built 1911 at the last Dix Blast, I knew that a high-end one was in my future.  Trying to modify the Springfield to that level of quality just didn't make sense.

I'm with you on the Glock path.  I think I've decided to go:

Glock G19 and CZ75 SP01

I most likely will be buying through PK90, some time in Dec.

Thanks for your input 5thCavGuy  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
I carry a Kimber Desert Warrior every day - probably enough said on that one.he
As for your choice, its tough because a Glock is COMPLETELY different from a 1911.  The only logical answer here is clearly get bothhich
I'm not into pistols nearly as much as long arms but, my meager collection currently consists of:

Sig P229 .40
Sig P220R .45
Springfield "loaded" 1911 .45
Kimber Desert Warrior .45
Springfield XD40 Tactical .40

My next couple of intended pistol purchases are (in no particular order):

Glock of some sort, maybe two
Springfield XD45
Revolver of some sort (.357)
Sig P226R .40
A .22lr pistol of some sort

If you're interested in shooting any of the above, just let me know.  (and keep an eye out for the next BLAST)

How do you think the Kimber compares to the Springfield Loaded 1911?

I've shot most of your list except the two above.  I was figuring the Glock and the CZ would be easier for me to care for, then work up to the 1911?  Would you agree?

Also thanks for the offer of shooting them.  I may take you up on that one.  I did like the Sigs in the past, can't really go wrong there.  For the .22lr, I was looking at the Walther P22.  It seems to get good comments.

Currently I only have a Ruger Security Six .357
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Kimber. Support a gun manufacturer in NY and and as a bonus piss off Cuomo, Bloomberg, Silver, Clinton, Schumer, McCarthy and Spitzer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top