Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:34:54 AM EDT
She's supposed to be in East Amherst and I guess the weather's been pretty bad in the Buffalo area... but no one on any of her sites- here, her blog, or any of her cancer sites have heard from her in weeks.  We're all worried and praying.  She was just finishing that intense radiation and wasn't feeling well at all when she posted last.

If any of you know how to get a hold of her, could you find out and let us know?  And let her know we're still praying for her?

Thanks!

P.S.

I do have her snail mail address and I'm going to mail her a priority letter today, but I'm in Vegas and that will take days...  I'm a worrier I guess.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall ever seeing her post here in the HT forum. Hope all is good.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have trouble locating her, might want to try contacting the local cancer treatment center in this area called The Roswell Cancer Institute. Possible thats where she is recieving treatment. But I am not familiar with her myself. Best of everything to her.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I checked the archives and the last time she posted in this forum was more then six months ago. I didn't know she was sick. If you talk to her tell her we hope she feels better and makes a complete recovery.

Keep checking this thread as there are a few members from the Buffalo area and they might know her.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.  I honestly had no idea how active or not active she has been in this HTF... I see her in the Women's, Team and General mostly.  I was just hoping that someone out there would have met her at a HTF shoot and have her # handy or something.

She's been fighting stage IV cancer for quite awhile now- it came on while she was pregnant with her last baby.  He's only 20 months or thereabout now.  And she has a few other kids too.

Here's a link to her blog if anyone's interested.

Living With Melanoma

Anyway, if anyone- ANYONE hears from her, can you let us all know?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Things are still screwed up in some areas here.

I don't know Ginger,
but I'm not far from that location, if theres anything I can do to help?

Anyone know her name? I could try looking up a phone number and give a call.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
When you check out  her blog website, you can look at her profile which contains her e-mail.  Try sending out an e-mail.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When you check out  her blog website, you can look at her profile which contains her e-mail.  Try sending out an e-mail.

I tried that, thanks.  I'm hoping that it's just internet service where she's at.  I think her husband has an account on here too, someone was saying his screen name might be "Fitter"??  Does anyone know him?

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I'm just going to wait and see what happens when my letter gets there.  I put my phone # in there so they can call if they feel like it- and if they don't have internet access.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You could try an IM or e-mail to Sharky30. He lives in Buff. He might know her or her husband. I hope she's OK. Melanoma is teh suck.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=246421
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I got your IM, the reply system is acting up and closes the window when I click reply, but I was going to suggest posting a thread in hometown, and thought I'd check first to see if you had

I don't know her, but I have heard there are still people without cable in parts of Amherst and East Amherst so if she has cable internet that might explain a few things
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#10]
heard on the radio that a lot of verizon customers also still do not have phone service
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you all!  Ginger just posted on one of her cancer sites and in the Women's Forum here... this is taken from the other site (I'm just cutting and pasting to make it a little easier for ya...)

Posted by Heather (stage IV) on November 01, 2006 at 12:01:30:

In Reply to: Anyone heard from Heather? posted by Wondering on October 31, 2006 at 11:46:35:

We had a huge storm, power thing a few weeks ago along with no phone or cable, along side which I started having problems; severe pain, nausea, personality issues, cognitive issues.

I just spent the whole weekend in the hospital after CT and MRI showed three large tumors in my brain and a large amount of smaller mets too much to count all through. I'm currently on Decadron and Dilantin (and the stuff that stops it all poking a hole in your stomach) and have started WBR and Temodar yesterday in order to shrink the smaller less specific tumor burden. Once (hopefully) we have this clear, my radonc will treat the larger lesions with SRS and then plans to go on and re-treat the MOALT and other smaller liver lesions, then my spleen...

He's pretty honest with me about my chances, but he has had some startlingly good survival rates with the treatment he does (he was head of radiation at Roswell for 10 years and set up the liver treatment I had in Rochester in September). Very positive. He told me that he wants to go after this very aggressively for long term remission, or there's no point going after it at all. So that's what were doing.

Now that the seizures have been brought under control, I'm feeling much better, but I don't mind telling you, death felt awful close for a while there.

Sorry for my horrible spelling, I'm a bit foggy right now, just wanted you guys to know that I was thinking of you. I'm on so many drugs I can't see straight, I think I like it (bad joke).

Blessings. (and back to bed)

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
glad to hear she's back online
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top