Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
He played a song written by an 11 year old girl.  She recorded it when she was twelve at sombody's home studio.  It called "God Bless the Soldiers Tonight".  She had read a column on Bob Lonsberrys' website about the mother of a Marine who lives in Salt Lake City.  She was organizing a counter rally to the mayor of Salt Lake City who is protesting the president's visit to Utah.  

As she was finishing up organizing the rally she heard a car door close in her driveway.  She looked out the window and saw two Marines walking up to her front door.  This girl read the column and wanted to send her song to the mother to help her through a difficult time.  She wanted the Marine's mother to know that there are still people who really support the troops and appreciate the sacrifices they have made throughout our history.

Her father e-mailed it to Bob who is going to do just that.  He also played it twice on the air today to get listener reactions.  This is an incredible song sung by the purest voice you will ever hear.  Bob is also contacting Utah senator Oren Hatch to see if he can get it set up so the girl can perform it for the president when he visits.

As the father of three soldiers I couldn't stop crying the both times it as played.  Not good while on the Thruway.  IMHO opinion the best song supporting our soldiers I have ever heard.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm, I didn't catch it but I'll have to listen for it...which one is WHAM?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]

As the father of three soldiers I couldn't stop crying the both times it as played.

Sir, I thank you for your contribution to this country and if I could, I would thank your children as well. God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 3:31:07 AM EDT
[#3]
WHAM is 1180 on the AM dial.  Bob Lonsberry takes some getting used to, but when he is being serious he has a real knack for getting right to the heart of the matter.  He is on from 11:00AM to 2:00PM.  He has his own website and writes some very good columns on it.  He is an excellent writer and storyteller.

www.lonsberry.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top