Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 2:27:58 PM EDT
The Trooper post that I went through has called one of my references but not the other. It has been thirty days and from what I understand is that by law the FID process is to take no longer than thirty days correct?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The Trooper post that I went through has called one of my references but not the other. It has been thirty days and from what I understand is that by law the FID process is to take no longer than thirty days correct?

The towns or state police will take there sweet time it only took me 5-6 months for a change of address.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Found the NJ Satutes:

2C:58-3(f).     Purchase of firearms
"...the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.  A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Found the NJ Satutes:

2C:58-3(f).     Purchase of firearms
"...the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.  A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days.

I know what you mean.  But the NJSP or local PDs do not care they will give to you when they are ready to.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I bet you'll see your FID in 6 months to 8 months. It's just the way it is here in NJ. Everyone here has gone thru it, so the best thing to do is take your mind off it and live or you'll burn a hole in your gut. They will call you when they feel like it

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You can join the ANJRPC (www.anjrpc.org) and enlist the support of their legal counsel, they've been successful in helping others through the BS some police depts try.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Took me 4 months and a lot of nagging the PD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I was told 3 months by the detective that handled my FID paperwork, and it actually took me almost 4 months.

They are supposed to give you an approval or denial within 30 days, but in NJ that is a rarity.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine in about a month and a half. I did it through my local PD and I didn't get a pistol permit. I don't know if not getting the pistol permit made a difference.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I waited approx 2 months through my local NJSP barracks. They seemed to move pretty fast at first, references were contacted quickly, they even called my work place all within about a week.  Then it just became the waiting game.  From what ive seen here i am fortunate that it only took 2 months... Oh and i also just applied for a FID, not a pistol permit...yet
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I was told by an officer who is in charge of givin out the FID in the town he works in and he said they have to put it in writting after 90 days as to why you don't have the card.  Call the police station and ask them to put it in writting why you don't have your card yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top