Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 10:55:46 AM EDT
Got a call from a friend today, said she was contacted by the sheriff's dept over my pistol permit (in monroe county). Anyone know what that means concerning ETA?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got my FID card in Jersey they called all my references.  It was about a week or two later when I got the card.  This means your at the end of the process and you FBI and Mental health checks were good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Both my wife and I got ours about 2 to 3 weeks later as well in Nassau county, NY.

and isn't it stupid that that is all they do, call people who have already been tipped off,
people that you yourself identified.  I have been doing background investigations for over 20
years with Uncle Sam, and this is total b.s., going to people who have been ID'd by you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I was contacted by the investigating deputy today, she had some questions for me and then we chatted for a bit; she seems like a good person, was very straightforward with information on timelines and all that; apparently it will be about a month before everything clears.

If you live in monroe county, I recommend getting your paperwork in NOW because they have a temporary full-time officer working on it for the next few months. This speeds up the process.

Now off to dream about pistol choices...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top