Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 2:21:48 PM EDT
and I'm already bored.

I'm here for a class starting tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're bored in Manhattan, might as well just kill yourself now because there isn't any place that's more exciting.  As the great sage Huey Lewis once said:

New York, New York, is everything they say
And no place that I'd rather be
Where else can you do a half a million things
All at a quarter to three
When they palt their music, ooh that modern music
They like it with a lot of style
But t's still that same old back beat rhythm
That really drives 'em wild
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll bring you a .22 and you can shoot pigeons in central park.

Where about are you? Maybe I could swing by after work.

I'm at the doubletree at times square... class is down on broad street.

btw, I need a 5y3 rectifier tube, know any place I can get one cheap?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]
This is going on down at the South Sea Seaport.

www.bodiestheexhibition.com/bodies.html

Or take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry..its free

Or go to one of the only gunhops in Manhattan..maybe the  only one...John Jovino Gun Shop 5 Centre Market Place New York.NY.10013 Phone: (212) 925 4881

www.johnjovinogunshop.com/

or go to the New York Stereoscopic Society meeting. See 3-D projected images of the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, as well as The Strange cas eof Dr. Addison & the Crosswell twins

www.ny3d.org/
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the Intrepid.  I also recommend going to the Top of the Rock rather than the Empire State Building for a sweet panoramic view of the city.  It's a better view IMO, since you can see the ESB, and the lines are much shorter.  Be aware that they will xray your bags and run you through a metal detector.  They didn't hassle me about a leatherman tool, though it was masked by the outline of my laptop so YMMV.

www.topoftherocknyc.com/
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Youre bored In Manhattan? Youre kidding, right?

Sadly, I'll be on the Left Coast all week, otherwise I'd give you the grand tour....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I know of at least 20 great bars between 14th and Housten, 3rd and C.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#11]
thanks for the suggestions... but I've done NYC many times and have done all the tourist stuff, and I do know about the bars in alphabet city, btdt too. Shooting pigeons in Central Park would be fun though.  I guess I'm becoming an old fart.

Anyway, I went out and had a sandwich and a drink (a nice strong one), enjoyed the eye candy walking around Times Square and then went back to the hotel and crashed.

BTW, Frank, while my hotel is in Times Square, my class is down on Broad Street, not too far from where you work, right?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out the Beretta store on 60th or 62th and Madison Ave. on the west side of the steet. Three floors (Rifles and shotguns on 3)and some real nice stuff in there. Other than that you are surrounded by excellent restaurants and great pubs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I've lived in lower NY all my life.  Spent many summers in Manhattan as a kid, and have many relatives in Queens and Brooklyn.  Been to all the sites many times.  If it was not for family and in-laws, I would never go back there ever again.  In fact, I would move completely out of the Northeast to get away from these insane liberals.  9-11 struck a blow to NYC.  Yet these people would rather cast their lot with the likes of Kerry while there is a war with Islam-fascism.

But I digress.  Intrepid and auto show gets my vote.  Many good bars and restaurants.  And not everyone is an insane liberal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW, Frank, while my hotel is in Times Square, my class is down on Broad Street, not too far from where you work, right?

sorry, I've been BUSY! I used to work on the lower east side (South street) but I don't have that job anymore. I just got promoted this week to operator at my new job so I can't get away to meet you for dinner. Too bad because I know some great delis, pizza places and a place to get the BEST cheese cake. Have a safe time in MY city. Hope to see you again at bulletfest!

Juniors?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you're bored in Manhattan, might as well just kill yourself now because there isn't any place that's more exciting.  As the great sage Huey Lewis once said:

New York, New York, is everything they say
And no place that I'd rather be
Where else can you do a half a million things
All at a quarter to three
When they palt their music, ooh that modern music
They like it with a lot of style
But t's still that same old back beat rhythm
That really drives 'em wild

I think Arlo Guthrie said it best..  "It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top