if interested email me at [email protected]
asking $1200
only 500 rounds shot through
CAR-A3 HBAR Elite with scope
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]

You should put this in the Equipment Exchange

E. E.

There many will see it and you wouldn't get clipped.

Good Luck - nice rifle, BTW.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
UH-OH
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
it is in the ee just figured would rather do a FTF in nj than ship to an ffl if at all possible
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it is in the ee just figured would rather do a FTF in nj than ship to an ffl if at all possible

You can do private sales for longarms in NJ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I have done it.  Just need to fill out  State of New Jersey Certificate of  Eligibility form.  I do not remeber where I downloaded the form from, but someone here will know.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I have done it.  Just need to fill out  State of New Jersey Certificate of  Eligibility form.  I do not remeber where I downloaded the form from, but someone here will know.hr

Here's the link.

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/forms.html#firearms
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
i dig that lower.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

done tons of private sales in nj even for pistols there is no paperwork needed for a longarm even as long the buyer posesses a valid state firearms id card
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

done tons of private sales in nj even for pistols there is no paperwork needed for a longarm even as long the buyer posesses a valid state firearms id card

Sorry, but this is WRONG and illegal. A certificate of eligibility must be completed and retained by the seller and purchaser for long arms. Handguns require pistol purchase permit. FOID card required either way.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, didn't know that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
*crying*  I wish I had the funds.  SOON i will be able to afford my own black rifle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, didn't know that.

I'll repeat that the information is wrong, and will result in the loss of your right to own firearms should you do it without paperwork and be caught.

A certificate of eligibility is a requirement. Call the state police if you don't believe me. Call any dealer. It is quite clear.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, didn't know that.

I'll repeat that the information is wrong, and will result in the loss of your right to own firearms should you do it without paperwork and be caught.

A certificate of eligibility is a requirement. Call the state police if you don't believe me. Call any dealer. It is quite clear.[/quote

Sorry bout the confusion, I read the Cert. paper part and went "cool" all the same. I assume the buyer/seller simply signs the papers and your one your way (no NIC's, ect)? I assume for a pistol, the buyer/seller has to turn in one of the "Stubs" of the permit to purchase to their local PD to makes thing kosher, right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, didn't know that.

A certificate of eligibility is a requirement. Call the state police if you don't believe me. Call any dealer. It is quite clear.[/quote

Sorry bout the confusion, I read the Cert. paper part and went "cool" all the same. I assume the buyer/seller simply signs the papers and your one your way (no NIC's, ect)? I assume for a pistol, the buyer/seller has to turn in one of the "Stubs" of the permit to purchase to their local PD to makes thing kosher, right?

Pistol permit is a 4 part form. 1 for seller file, one for buyer, one for NJstate Police, once for CLEO of buyer's hometown. Seller's responsibility to mail the two LE copies by return receipt mail within 72 hours of sale. Very, very specific process, you can read it on the permits themselves.

For the cert of eligibility, buyer and seller each keep their own copy. Good in a way, mutual assurance of the date and soure/destination of the sale.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#16]
BTW, the new "Certificate of Eligibility" is a 3 copy form.  White, Yellow and Pink.  Looks like the NJSP have something planned for the future.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTW, the new "Certificate of Eligibility" is a 3 copy form.  White, Yellow and Pink.  Looks like the NJSP have something planned for the future.  

Where can you pick these up?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I guess the White is for the FFL, Yellow for the purchaser, who gets pink the pink?  Can the NJSP make rule changes where they will start "Registering" long guns?  The same way they made changes about blocked mags?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
BTW, the new "Certificate of Eligibility" is a 3 copy form.  White, Yellow and Pink.  Looks like the NJSP have something planned for the future.  hr
The download link only says to print 2 copies, so I'll just keep getting it from there h=85%

Quoted:
I guess the White is for the FFL, Yellow for the purchaser, who gets pink the pink?  Can the NJSP make rule changes where they will start "Registering" long guns?  The same way they made changes about blocked mags?

They can do whatever they want, there is nothing that can stop them other than a handful of people who will talk negatively about the action on a couple internet forums.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry guys, no deals outside of the EE...feel free to start a new thread about "Private Sale Regs. in NJ" though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry guys, no deals outside of the EE...feel free to start a new thread about "Private Sale Regs. in NJ" though.
Archived Locked [ARCHIVED THREAD] - to you nj folk rifle for sale
Page Hometown » New York
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top