Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:48:37 AM EDT
Just got back after shooting my new AR (sweet!!!) and revolvers and wanted to tell all that the range is requiring Nassau County Leisure Passes as of May 1 in order to qualify for Resident rates and any discount (MIlitary or Senior Citizen or Disabled- gee, almost all 3, lol.)
Met a nice guy named Aaron today who also frequents T and T in Seaford- didn't see the sign until I was leaving so hopefully the word will get out, but the guy who took my $3.50 today didn't mention it...
and for Hank at T and T- I will save the target to show you, but dumped about 2o rounds  into it from "your" Bushy with the match trigger, ACE stock, floating, fluted, 16" flattop with a relatively cheap scope and its a half dollar size hole with 3 strays (my fault) .   Can't wait to get back from another TDY and do it to it !
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Where can you get a leisure pass from?

This is so rediculous. Wat's wrong with looking a tthe address on your official NYS Driver's License. Just another impediment for legal gun owners in this wonderful state of ours.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, should have done this before I posted my first---
from the County Website:

Gather your valid and current New York State Driver's License and other proof of residency, i.e. property tax bill.

2.   Go to a Nassau County Park.

3.   If you are older than 13, or if you are a golfer of any age, pay $15 for a three year Passport.

4.   If you are a senior citizen over age 60, or if you have a disability, pay a one-time fee of $15.

5.   Get your Leisure Passport.

6.   Use your Passport to enjoy all Nassau County Parks and their facilities.

Tips:
Get Your Leisure Pass at these Nassau County Parks: Cantiague, Christopher Morley, Eisenhower, Grant, North Woodmere, Wantagh
For more information, call the Nassau County Department of Recreation and Parks: (516)572-0214.

I guess Wantagh is closest for me.

BTW, love your avatar pic, T.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
So now I have to buy a liesure pass in addition to a range fee every time i go there...
Its bad enough we have the highest property taxes in the nation, now they're going to nickel and dime us to death also....

Thank God I've only got a few years left before I get the hell out of this God Forsaken liberal cesspool....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Beginning to feel the same about "Getting out of NY before its too Late."  (Gee, where did I hear that before, lol.)  But I surfcast, kayak and fish in the bay much more than I shoot, and I am two blocks from the water and the boat ramp.
Would I have that in North Carolina...
and I hate the cold so New England is O U T.
Gonna retire in 3 or 4 at the most...and lived on Lawnguyland virtually all my life, but...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Beginning to feel the same about "Getting out of NY before its too Late."  (Gee, where did I hear that before, lol.)  But I surfcast, kayak and fish in the bay much more than I shoot, and I am two blocks from the water and the boat ramp.
Would I have that in North Carolina...

Almost the exact same reasons why I haven't left yet. Boat owner, waterfront home, kayaker, bicycler, runner, hiker, etc. Love the Island as she offers everything an outdoors type could ask for. But I've since come to the realization that there are places in the US that offer the same where cost of living is far less and the 2nd amendment is not pissed on as it is here in NY....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, which Nassau County member will let me use their address for my new Leisure Pass?  

Oh yeah, and to the Long Island members afraid of hurricanes in NC and FL, news flash:  You live in Long Island!!!  Odds are we're going to have a catastrophic hurricane too, and pretty soon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]
that is horseshit.  take the extra time and go to calverton.

bad thing: more money going to a county that is one of hte wealthiest in country with THE WORST CREDIT RATING!!!!

good thing:there are some real nice facilities, parks and driving ranges you can get into with that pass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK, which Nassau County member will let me use their address for my new Leisure Pass?  

Oh yeah, and to the Long Island members afraid of hurricanes in NC and FL, news flash:  You live in Long Island!!!  Odds are we're going to have a catastrophic hurricane too, and pretty soon.[/quote]

O.T.
That reminds me.
You are right and that is something we need to talk about.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I had one of those passes before. It allowed me to ride the buses at half fare when I was attending job programs paid by the state about 10 years ago. I had a handicapped logo on it. Made me feel special. heh
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top