Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:19:40 AM EDT
Mayor Mike is at it again. Hey Mike the "health crisis" you speak of isn't caused by guns, it's caused by CRIMINALS YOU DUMBASS!!!

MAYOR COMES OUT 'BLASTING'

By STEPHANIE GASKELL
Print  Reprint March 31, 2006 -- Mayor Bloomberg likened the country's illegal gun crisis to "a major public health problem" during a speech last night marking the 25th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Ronald Regan.
At an annual dinner for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Manhattan, Bloomberg continued his crusade against illegal guns.

"This is a major public health problem," he said. "What's going on here is unconscionable."

Bloomberg is known for his public-health initiatives - most notably the passing of a citywide smoking ban, which coincidentally became law exactly three years ago. His alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, even named its School of Public Health after the mayor.

"You have to have some courage to take on entrenched interests," said Bloomberg, as Police Commissioner Ray Kelly looked on.

"This is a fight that is winnable. This is a fight that is worth taking on. We have to use every means at our disposal," he said.

Brady Center President Michael Barnes, who is a former Maryland congressman, echoed that sentiment:

"If this were a disease, we'd be spending billions of dollars to find a cure."

Barnes praised Bloomberg for "speaking out more vocally, more forcefully than any other public official in America.

"All across the country, mayors see what's going on. They're tired of going to funerals for police officers who are being shot by guns that are being illegally trafficked in."

Bloomberg said he has supported the Brady Center even before he became mayor.

"Now as mayor, I have an obligation, it seems to me - I think all of us do - to stop the flow of illegal guns into those cities where guns are used by criminals," he said.

Bloomberg was in Washington earlier this week to testify against a law that would prohibit the disclosure of any records from a national gun-trace database in civil lawsuits.

"This is not a partisan issue," the mayor said last night. "This is not an issue that has to do with the constitution and the right to bear arms.

"Plain and simple, what we are talking about here are guns that are in our cities - and I don't know that the framers of the constitution ever had this in mind when they talked about the right to bear arms."

Bloomberg told the crowd about his experience testifying - which he did at the request of congressional Democrats - before the panel.

"There were Congress people who came in, sat down, made their statement, asked their question and left while I was trying to answer it," he said. "But they had their film clip for back home."

On March 30, 1981, both Reagan and his then-press secretary, Jim Brady, were shot by John Hinckley Jr., who is still being held in a Washington D.C. hospital.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Mayor Mike is at it again. Hey Mike the "health crisis" you speak of isn't caused by guns, it's caused by CRIMINALS YOU DUMBASS!!!

MAYOR COMES OUT 'BLASTING'

By STEPHANIE GASKELL
Print  Reprint March 31, 2006 -- Mayor Bloomberg likened the country's illegal gun crisis to "a major public health problem" during a speech last night marking the 25th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Ronald Regan.
At an annual dinner for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Manhattan, Bloomberg continued his crusade against illegal guns.

"This is a major public health problem," he said. "What's going on here is unconscionable."

Bloomberg is known for his public-health initiatives - most notably the passing of a citywide smoking ban, which coincidentally became law exactly three years ago. His alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, even named its School of Public Health after the mayor.

"You have to have some courage to take on entrenched interests," said Bloomberg, as Police Commissioner Ray Kelly looked on.

"This is a fight that is winnable. This is a fight that is worth taking on. We have to use every means at our disposal," he said.

Brady Center President Michael Barnes, who is a former Maryland congressman, echoed that sentiment:

"If this were a disease, we'd be spending billions of dollars to find a cure."

Barnes praised Bloomberg for "speaking out more vocally, more forcefully than any other public official in America.

"All across the country, mayors see what's going on. They're tired of going to funerals for police officers who are being shot by guns that are being illegally trafficked in."

Bloomberg said he has supported the Brady Center even before he became mayor.

"Now as mayor, I have an obligation, it seems to me - I think all of us do - to stop the flow of illegal guns into those cities where guns are used by criminals," he said.

Bloomberg was in Washington earlier this week to testify against a law that would prohibit the disclosure of any records from a national gun-trace database in civil lawsuits.

"This is not a partisan issue," the mayor said last night. "This is not an issue that has to do with the constitution and the right to bear arms.

"Plain and simple, what we are talking about here are guns that are in our cities - and I don't know that the framers of the constitution ever had this in mind when they talked about the right to bear arms."
Bloomberg told the crowd about his experience testifying - which he did at the request of congressional Democrats - before the panel.

"There were Congress people who came in, sat down, made their statement, asked their question and left while I was trying to answer it," he said. "But they had their film clip for back home."

On March 30, 1981, both Reagan and his then-press secretary, Jim Brady, were shot by John Hinckley Jr., who is still being held in a Washington D.C. hospital.

[email protected]

They most assuredly did have Freedom Hating, Gun Grabbing, Tyrannical A-Holes such as Doomberg on their minds when the second was written.

I believe it's part that states "shall NOT be INFRINGED"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Would a piano or meteorite or frozen shitcicle falling from a plane please land on this POS MFers head already?????

This guy is a flaming douchebag!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Mayor Bloomberg likened ....

Consider the source in all it's aspects.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
no they obviously had in mind heavily armed police on every block, thats what they meant!  Gestapo style.....o wait..Bloomberg is.....EXACTLY
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
no they obviously had in mind heavily armed police on every block, thats what they meant!  Gestapo style.....o wait..Bloomberg is.....EXACTLY

I don't know what you're talking about
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
He's determined, but isn't it interesting that most of the "elite" crowd of NYC have CCW if they want it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone who spends $200 million dollars of his own money to be the Mayor of NYC belongs in a mental institution.

Bloombutt is now in the process of trying to buy the Republican party in order to get his anti-gun agenda implemented nationwide.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
cheneys' gun shot more people than my AR
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top