Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
I'm moving to Stone Ridge NY soon and wanted to find someone to shoot with.I'll be living near Kingston.Is there any good ranges around?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
check your maps for a state park, normally you can shoot there....just check with any forest rangers to confirm its alright.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There are several gun clubs in the area. I'll put the plug in for my own in New Paltz, but I also have links to all the local ones I could find on our links section.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
They hold High Power Matches at Camp  Smith . An there is a school on April 8 & 9 on how to shoot high power . There is also the Forbes club in Albany , both of these ranges go out to 600 yards . Bruce Kraft
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
You can check here for ranges in the area:

www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow - We are going to be almost neighbors.  There are a number of clubs in the area, and one right in Stone Ridge.

http://www.marbletownsportsmensclub.com/       ( I would hot link if I knew how  )

Send me an IM if you want more info.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There are several gun clubs in the area. I'll put the plug in for my own in New Paltz, but I also have links to all the local ones I could find on our links section.

Mike

Wow New Paltz is only 20 mins away from me.I'll have to get a membership there as soon as I move in! The Marbletown  Sportmans club is just about in my back yard.Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quarterstick,

I live in Stone Ridge, and am a member of the Marbletown Sportsmans Club. We have a 25, 50, and 100 yard range. Shoot me an email and I'll be glad to have you come up as my guest. There are a few other clubs in the immediate area. I'm in the process of joining the Morgan Hill Club, they're ten miles northwest of Stone Ridge. They have a 200 yard plus range, as I want to try my AR at longer than 100 yard ranges.

regards,

Luis Leon
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Join Morgan Hill so we pack the ranks with AR shooters. They host 3-gun there over the summer.

Hey Luis - put down the binoculars and you'll shoot better!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quarterstick,

I live in Stone Ridge, and am a member of the Marbletown Sportsmans Club. We have a 25, 50, and 100 yard range. Shoot me an email and I'll be glad to have you come up as my guest. There are a few other clubs in the immediate area. I'm in the process of joining the Morgan Hill Club, they're ten miles northwest of Stone Ridge. They have a 200 yard plus range, as I want to try my AR at longer than 100 yard ranges.

regards,

Luis Leon

Hey I'll be at the Marbletown meeting in 2 weeks.I'm all about joining other clubs too.I have an ACOG TA31F ans would love to streach out the yards.We can BS at the next meeting!I'm up there every week end working on my house.I'm really excited to meet new guys to shoot with.As soon as I can find some work there I'll be there full time.

Nick
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll leave my binoculars at home and see if my scores improve. Otherwise I have to start bringing my spotting scope.

regards,

Luis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top