Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 7:48:23 AM EDT
I just wanted  to know what you guys think of this letter before I fax it to the President.  I know he won't personally read it, but faxes are read by aides,  and I want to make sure that it sounds good and my ideas are correct.   Thanks

Dear President Bush,

I am writing today because of my concerns about the ongoing immigration problem.  While it has become a little hard to figure out where any of our politicians stand, it is not hard to see that we have a very big problem with illegal aliens in our country.   There are several reasons for the citizens to be concerned, and I would like to bring up a few.  It is said that there are 12 million illegals in our boarders.  The word illegal indicates that they are committing a crime.  Those of us who have family that came here legally, and have lived and contributed to our nation, have to abide by the laws of our land, or we are punished.  We are not rewarded for doing wrong.  Imagine a child who is never taught right from wrong.  Imagine what the future of our country would be if it was to be built on the idea that if you break the law you will be rewarded.  That is exactly what will happen if those that entered illegally are granted residence and/or citizenship.  While we are a nation built on freedom, and open boarders, we as a people are not obligated to foot the bill for those who offer little to our well being.  We have plenty of under educated citizens that could fill the jobs taken by these aliens. Instead of so much welfare to those who seem to collect forever, how about job placement in these positions.  Seems as if that would help in several ways.  First, it would lessen the dollar amount spent on the welfare program, and second it would add billions of tax dollars to our deficit.  For the bigger concern, we must worry for the safety and security of all legal Americans.  We do not know who is entering our country.   Some may be terrorists looking to do large scale damage and death, such as those on September 11, 2001.  Others may be drug dealers, or killers coming from other countries looking to hide in our free society.  What we do know is that our own citizens, true Americans, are robbed and assaulted on a regular basis along our Mexican boarder.  Why should we stand by and allow this?  Polls show that the vast majority of Americans support a closed boarder, and it should be noted that our form of government is designed to be by the people, and for the people.  I am asking you to think of your fellow Americans and their wishes when debating and signing new laws on this issue.  Of course, if we listen to the 12 million who do not belong here, you will get a different opinion but they are not Americans and their opinions truly do not count.  I appreciate your time and hope to see steps taken in the right direction on this matter.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Very well done. The fact that I pass hordes of illegal's every morning on my way to work just burns me to the core. Our country is slowly being invaded and taken over and our way of life is being changed for the better of them not us.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely written letter about an important subject, but I think I know what the reply will be

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that my letter will probably mean absolutely nothing, but at least my opinion will be heard.  Remaining silent will certainly never bring change to our world.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just wanted  to know what you guys think of this letter before I fax it to the President.  I know he won't personally read it, but faxes are read by aides,  and I want to make sure that it sounds good and my ideas are correct.   Thanks

Dear President Bush,

I am writing today because of my concerns about the ongoing immigration problem.  While it has become a little hard to figure out where any of our politicians stand, it is not hard to see that we have a very big problem with illegal aliens in our country.  

There are several reasons for the citizens to be concerned, and I would like to bring up a few.  It is said that there are 12 million illegals in our borders.  The word illegal indicates that they are committing a crime.  Those of us who have family that came here legally, and have lived and contributed to our nation, have to abide by the laws of our land, or we are punished.  We are not rewarded for doing wrong.  

Imagine a child who is never taught right from wrong.  Imagine what the future of our country would be if it was to be built on the idea that if you break the law you will be rewarded.  That is exactly what will happen if those that entered illegally are granted residence and/or citizenship.  While we are a nation built on freedom, and open borders, we as a people are not obligated to foot the bill for those who offer little to our well being.  

We have plenty of under-educated citizens that could fill the jobs taken by these aliens, if they were not such utterly worthless slugs. Instead  of maintaining welfare as a lifestyle to those utterly worthless slugswho seem to collect forever, how about job placement in these positions.  Seems as if that would help in several ways.  First, it would lessen the dollar amount spent on the welfare program, and second it would add billions of tax dollars to our deficit.  For the bigger concern, we must worry for the safety and security of all legal Americans.  We do not know who is entering our country.   Some may be terrorists looking to do large scale damage and death, such as those on September 11, 2001.  Others may be drug dealers, or killers coming from other countries looking to hide in our free society.  What we do know is that our own citizens, true Americans, are robbed and assaulted on a regular basis along our Mexican boarder.  Why should we stand by and allow this?

Polls show that the vast majority of Americans support a closed boarder, and it should be noted that our form of government is designed to be by the people, and for the people.  I am asking you to think of your fellow Americans and their wishes when debating and signing new laws on this issue.  Of course, if we listen to the 125 million  liberalswho do not belong here, you will get a different opinion but they are not Americans and their opinions truly do not count.  

I appreciate your time and hope to see steps taken in the right direction on this matter.  

PS: How about repealing GCA 1968 and your dad's treasonous 1989 import ban? Nationwide CCW would be great, too. Feel free to remove all the other BS gun laws foisted on us as well.

Cheers.

Overall, a good letter. A few things; paragraphs are your friend, as is spell check and a dictionary. I don't mean this in a nasty way, but if you have any hope of someone taking you seriously, you should write as legibly as you can.

Sadly, Bush has sold us down the river with his (lack of) border security, and evaporated any good will I had towards him when he termed the Minutemen "vigilantes."

I also took a couple liberties with your letter. Sorry
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]

ongoing immigration illegal alien problem
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the changes, but I think I will fine tune my version, check foe spelling and shoot it off tomorrow.  Thanks for the laugh
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quick FYI.

"borders" = political boundaries

"boarders" = people jumping on your ship

"ARRRR mateys, prepare to repel boarders!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know that my letter will probably mean absolutely nothing, but at least my opinion will be heard.  Remaining silent will certainly never bring change to our world.

Right on Brother. Silence is deadly. Very good letter by the way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Lugerman, it was faxed to the Whitehouse today.  To many people complain about things but never do anything to change them.   I won't change things alone, but I will at least voice my concerns.  Just so you guys know why I chose to fax is because  several times in the past I had reason to write to a President.  In  1987, it was to Ronald Reagan because I had been in the delayed entry program for the Air Force for 8 months, and wanted to get  to active duty. My recruiter tried to move things, but couldn't.  So I tried the President.  Back then a hand written letter got through, and to my suprise my mom handed me the phone a week later  telling me that the Pentagon was on the line. I explained that I wanted to leave for basic training, and I had wanted to be fair to my employer so that they could find a replacement for me.  I was told to go ahead and give my notice, and to pack my bags.   I shipped out two weeks later.  Last year I  emailed the President about an educational issue, and never received a reply.  I decided to call the White House and was told that the best way for something to get to a Presidential Aide was to fax it.   I did so, and I was contacted by phone, and given information to help my problem.  Just wanted to share this so if anyone else wanted to get something read in DC, this is the best method.  The number is on the White House web page.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Well done!

Today on Glenn Beck, current estimates are '112' illegals/hour, which translates to >980,000 illegals/year.

Mexico's oil industry generates ~25Billion a year. The money generated by illegals sent BACK to Mexico is pegged at ~17Billion. 2nd highest revenue stream in Mexico.

By 2050, hispanic population will be the majority in the US.

Better brush up on your spanish. Que?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I am waiting for the men in black suites to show up at my house. With all the letters I have been writing and e-mailing about Gun rights and Illegals to Washington leaders (OR SO CALLED LEADERS).

I should write one telling them to make a sweep of the streets and Subways. Take all those people with signs will work for money and put them to work. I hope your letter gets read and you get some satisfaction.
Shows you how screwed up things are. You have over 100,000 people marching and the ICE patrol can't even arrest the Illegals in the crowd. They should have been out there checking every ones Passport or Visa. F-em if they are being hassled.

Go to Social Security and have to show proof of who I am and 3 bills. Guy behind me has nothing and looks like he fell off the truck from Mexico. He got better service and faster results then I did. Friken Country is going down the shitter faster then you can flush it.

Like I said in the General Discussion....Wish we could put 1000,000 Gun owners together to march like these people did. Still where you going to move too and have the freedoms we do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Epidemic, your last comment is where our problems stem from. As long as we keep allowing our rights to slowly be taken from us and justify it by saying we still have more freedom then others, then nothing will change or stop the losses we suffer.   I might also add, that as a whole,  we as gun owners have the smallest turnout for marches and rights conventions.  It seems as if our voters don't get out there in November, and we just expect things to magically get better.  I don't know the number of registered gun owners in NJ, but certainly there is enough of us to rid us of the democrat control that governs this state.  Problem is that it seems as if nobody cares until they say we can't own something anymore.  It is all to late then.  Letters have to be written, no matter how hard forcing change may be.  Every politician wants to be re-elected, and if they are guarenteed the votes from a group on one side of the issue, you will see them side with that group.   Isn't this part of the illegal alien problem.   Neither side wants to alienate the hispanic vote?  And before I am called a racist, let me say my  fiancee' is born and raised in Puerto Rico.  She is here for ten years, and works and contributes to this country.  Not all illegals are hispanic.  We need to get rid of all of them, no matter where they come from.  Everyone must write to all members of our government,  state and federal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Your right that our rights are eroded, But still I ask where you going to go for the freedom you have. That is why so many are trying to come to America.

People are Bitching about the Illegals , but if the people of the USA got off their Ass and put 200,000 to counter act the 100,000 that marched. Maybe there would be no Quest Worker program. That these Illegals would be Felons and that Companies would be held to fines and jail time.

The problem lies everybody just sits on their ass and bitches. Instead of taking a day off of work and getting out to protest. Wait till their job is in Jeopardy because of cheap labor. I mean SKILLED cheap Labor. Today it is Dishwashers and fruit pickers. It will next be Auto Mechanics and body Mechanics (Oh wait that did happen already with Mexicans taking those jobs). Oh maybe it will be IT and processing jobs. Secretaires that are illegal willing to work for $5.00 less an hour.

America is going to be turned into a 3rd world country. It will be the Poor against the Rich Corporation. You want to know why your weapons are being taken away. So you have nothing to fight back with when you get pissed enough to say F-this and want to Counter revolt against the people that put you in the streets.

Not in my life Time but in your children's.....Like this Disc Jockey said...White people better wake up and realize they don't run or own the American Dream any more. Because it is a Brown Skin Dream now. Due to the CoC I can't say what I really feel but I sure wish I could find the right group to do what needs to be done.

Has far as the gun thing and the Anti's yea until it is not in your hands and safe anymore no one will get off their ass and fix the problem. There are enough Gun Owners to make a difference, but again we all just sit by and think someone else is going to do it for us. Letters mean Crap. People in the streets mean true victory.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to add that I sent a copy, with the proper heading, to Congressman Frelinghuysen, and Senator Lautenberg.  I also want to make it clear, that I am not talking about a RACIAL issue.  I am talking only about illegal immigration.  I don't care of it is from England, Germany, or Mexico.  Skin color is not the issue here.  I do agree that the black and hispanic communities need to take more pride in education and success, but those that came here legally are free like the rest of us.  It is up to our elected officials to end programs that allow free rides for the lazy people of any race.   Good people come in all colors, but so do bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top