Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 5:38:06 PM EDT
Saturday, I went to Cherry Ridge to sight in my new Bushmaster. I shot paper.

On Sunday, I took a very short ride into New York State to shoot on a friend's land with no restrictions. I shot at household objects and destroyed them completely

I learned that shooting paper, while intrinsically academic, stinks. Shooting things that explode or cease to exist is much, much cooler.

We shot a DVD player, bricks, limesstone, steel plates, coke cans, and a jar of pickles. I now know what pickle mist looks like!

Here's three quick videos shot with my digital camera. The video quality stinks because you can't zoom while recording. Next time we go up, I'll bring a better video camera.

video one

video two

video three
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Vids one and three don't work

Edit:  I can't get video two to work, either
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Vids one and three don't work her

I downloaded videos 1-3 they worked fine. Video 2 will not load.

Vadge it's always great to get out and  shoot the hell out of things.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, vids 1 and 3 work fine now.  Vid 2 is still a no-go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Video 2 is the only one that I can get to work.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for all the video problems. I tried posting the avi files to my own web server and I ran out of space. Video 2 is hosted on putfile.com and I think it's having problems too.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
A zero'd rifle is a happy rifle. It was good to meet you on Saturday.

Yeah it looks damn fun to shit actual objects and watch them explode/bounce all of the place.

All the vids played for me. I installed a stand alone codec pack, I never trust M$ to choose the correct one for my playback needs.

vadge, that second vid is a bit scary. Are you working the camera? Whoever it was, walks past the muzzle line of your friends AR. Would hate to see you guys have an accident.

^_^_^

Btw, here is a link to the codec pac I use. K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (grab the newest one, I think it is 1.49)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah! That is the conumdrum of shooting! You need to paper shoot to get best possible zero and to learn your basic rifleman disciplines. AFTER that paper shooting is as intersteing as watching paint DRY!

Blowing stuff up is fun, watch a round effect on a hydro-centric/based TARGET brings in the reality of what hapens to the human body when hit with such a round.

THINK WATERMELON, PUMPKIN, CABBAGE, etc.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A zero'd rifle is a happy rifle. It was good to meet you on Saturday.

vadge, that second vid is a bit scary. Are you working the camera? Whoever it was, walks past the muzzle line of your friends AR. Would hate to see you guys have an accident.

It looks that way because of how I was holding the camera out to the side and from an angle. Don't worry...we are safe...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top