Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 7:20:36 PM EDT
for my wife, she just started shooting the end of last year and enjoys it alot, but, she isn't all that good, though not horrible, I am having a problem with trying to teach her, a shooter I am, a teacher I'm not. I was thinking that she might benift from a course along the lines of teaching a beginner or someone that has a better grasp on teaching someone to shoot, I just don't have the knack for it. We had a very good friend of the family growing up that basically taught me from a professional point how to shoot, get comfortable with a particular firearm, positions, the whole nine. I would love to find something or someone like that for my wife.   Thank-you, Sean.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sean,
Not to worry, you can bring her up to the range with me when the snow is off the ground up to Greenfield.
I want to show you how to get there for GATM anyways.

What do you want to each her to shoot first?
.22? or similar?
We will get you squared away .
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Very much appreciated Wade! I'll let you pick the date for your convenience, any are fine by us.

I have had her shoot a .22 very little as the 2 I have, had been in need of parts for quite some years, extractors and the such, she enjoyed that, but they were only very recently brought into firing ability for her and she has little practice on them.

I started her last summer on the SKS-D as she wanted to be ready for hunting and that was the one with about the lightest kick and most natural point that fit to her liking, boy she loves that thing, she has taken it over pretty much, I'm not allowed to shoot it anymore!her
I am hoping that shortly I will have a couple of uppers to the set of lowers I have here, I think that the AR would be the best platform for her, everyone agree? I thought so! Least I hope so..... She is not a big fan of my FAL's, fine by me on that one, those is MY babies! She has to get her own!

Over all I think some good quality time spent fingering a .22 would be the best for her AND my wallet.....

I will be checking into the Firing School also, maybe for both me and her, I will contact them directly and have a chat, at least for me, I'd like a little more one on one for her first I think, she can't hit the broadside of a barn if the barrel was resting on it!

Thanks very much Gentlemen! I will be in touch with you Wade or you can message me here, I check both here and the Files, well, say, a couple times a day!

Sean.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell her there's a cost to all this... she has to bring a cute girlfriend between 24 and 35! LOL!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]
She has girlfriends at about 24-35, but cute? What do you consider h.gifcute? EHHHHHH.......I will have her look, she will happily bring one though, LOL, could you settle on "nice personality"? HAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top