Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 7:14:47 PM EDT
Wow, he really knows how to win over the "hearts and minds" of the sheeple that are on the fence.
I hope he keeps up insulting comments like this...maybe it could help the Republicans in the Gubernatorial...
The local NBC station just did an interview with him, and he reiterated his comment...God help NY if he becomes Governor
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
He's an A-Hoe and after the H&R Block deal he is looking for media attention. He use to get good cases and prosecute but the last couple he has been grasping at straws. They were just talking about it on CNBC how he has been slumping and messing up. This just shows another side of another A-Hole Politician.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Typical; doesn't think he really needs the Upstate vote, doesn't really think all too highly of anyone who lives Upstate ( its mostly Republican in his mind after all ) so why worry about pissing anyone off who lives Upstate?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Typical; doesn't think he really needs the Upstate vote, doesn't really think all too highly of anyone who lives Upstate ( its mostly Republican in his mind after all ) so why worry about pissing anyone off who lives Upstate?

Hillary's election proved that he is correct to assume he doesn't need the support to us apalachian upstate folk .
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Newsday's long running poll has Spitzer at about 67% and Suozzi at 33%.

Cold link

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state/ny-stspit224671288mar22,0,800304.story
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Both Clinton and Schumer are popular outside of their main support base in NYC including some counties located in upstate NY.  

I've been told that Suozzi might have the support to give Spitzer a run for his money in the primary. We'll see.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been told that Suozzi might have the support to give Spitzer a run for his money in the primary. We'll see.  

I've heard that as well, and I really hope it turns out to be true. The way Spitzer has been acting, we can't be the only group to be upset by his actions.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hillary's election proved that he is correct to assume he doesn't need the support to us apalachian upstate folk .

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Seems like Suozzi has commercials running here on Long Island all the time.  I have seen more of Suozzi's commercials thans Shitzer's.  Seems like Shitzer is trying to keep his name in the press via legal actions like the current one against H&R Block.  Doesn't cost him anything.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Suozzi has a mega war chest.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
well the economy here is pretty shitty, thanks to asshole politicians and their anti-business pro-welfare/medicaid high tax policies
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well the economy here is pretty shitty, thanks to asshole politicians and their anti-business pro-welfare/medicaid high tax policies

So... basically, screwed by the liberals.
EDIT: That's okay.  Elliot Spitzer can liken Upstate to an "Appalachian Economy."
I liken Elliot Spitzer to a "dog pile I accidently stepped in."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
well the economy here is pretty shitty, <snip>

You mean Hillary didn't help? Another lying politician -
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And he's going to need it. He may be a pseudo household name on L.I., but NYC and UpState NY don't know he even exists....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:12:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And he's going to need it. He may be a pseudo household name on L.I., but NYC and UpState NY don't know he even exists....

As an always voting Republican who listens to (upstate and national) political talk radio, I have never heard of Suozzi.  

If he's going to work on upstate liberal scum he better start advertising.

SoS
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#15]
The "republicans" in western NY aren't much help to business either.  In Monroe county' out "republican" county manager has imposed a lot of restrictions on businesses in the past year or so.  A republican in New York is more likely to be liberal than in many other states.

As to Schumer, I actually like the guy.  Hate his politics, but he is a lot like Damato.  Likes face time on camera, and certainly eccentric, but if you got into a street brawl and he was with you, he wouldn't let you down.  He doens't mind going to the matt for his constituents and he definitely has a genuine concern for them.   Even if he has higher aspirations, he is at least trying to be the best senator he can be right now.  It's not like out other senator who looks at her job as a necessary evil on the way to bigger political office.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As to Schumer, I actually like the guy.  Hate his politics, but he is a lot like Damato.  Likes face time on camera, and certainly eccentric, but if you got into a street brawl and he was with you, he wouldn't let you down.  He doens't mind going to the matt for his constituents and he definitely has a genuine concern for them.   Even if he has higher aspirations, he is at least trying to be the best senator he can be right now.  It's not like out other senator who looks at her job as a necessary evil on the way to bigger political office.

I agree in that you have to admire his zeal and tenacity in fighting for what he believes in. Unfortunately, he goes to bat for the wrong side...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Schumer's top concern is promoting himself whenever possible. If he could, he'd erase the second amendment, disarm us all, and not think twice about it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Schumer's top concern is promoting himself whenever possible. If he could, he'd erase the second amendment, disarm us all, and not think twice about it.

Yup, Scummer's got an agenda - and for US, it ain't pretty.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The "republicans" in western NY aren't much help to business either.  In Monroe county' out "republican" county manager has imposed a lot of restrictions on businesses in the past year or so.  A republican in New York is more likely to be liberal than in many other states.

As to Schumer, I actually like the guy.  Hate his politics, but he is a lot like Damato.  Likes face time on camera, and certainly eccentric, but if you got into a street brawl and he was with you, he wouldn't let you down.

Yeah, he'd shoot the bastards with his concealed piece, the hypocrite.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A republican in New York is more likely to be liberal than in many other states.

Or you wind up with guys like this:

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060412/OPINION02/604120302/1014/NEWS17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top