Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 7:11:52 PM EDT
A friend and I are going to visit the gunshops in the Albany area, are there any that anyone would care to mention as a good shop, even a bad shop, the more the merrier, hoping to make a day of it on this coming Saturday, any shops will do, I lean heavily to the EBR's but my friend is more the boltgun  and pistol type.           Thanks in advance, Sean.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Sean, here are a couple places to check out:

B&J Guns @ 1702 Central Avenue, Albany NY (look for the Enterprise Car Rental Sign.) 1st Choice and if Brian is there, tell'em you frequent the board

Accurate Arms @ 2123 Central Ave, Schenectady, NY (Further west heading towards Schenectady)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1st Choice and if Brian is there, tell'em you frequent the boardTell him you're looking for Hiramranger, you got his name off the mens' room wall on the Thruway....

Actually, that would get the most colorful response from Brian.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
SAM, Special Arms and Munitions, is a shop run by a friend of mine in the same general area as B&Js. The locals can give you the address. The co-owner. Mark Kalil, is a rare Class2 manufacturer, very good smith, and black rifle fan.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dude that's just wrong!

But you didn't deny it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]
That's funny right there ^   If that gets a colorful response and maybe a chuckle I'll use it!

Thanks guys, we will check them out for sure on Saturday, anymore out there? Even in the outlying area's?

Thank you all! Have a great one!!!   Sean
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SAM, Special Arms and Munitions, is a shop run by a friend of mine in the same general area as B&Js. The locals can give you the address. The co-owner. Mark Kalil, is a rare Class2 manufacturer, very good smith, and black rifle fan.

I do 99% of my business with them now, well, since they opened actually. Mark is a good guyg, and indeed, a great smith.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be making them all the top of the list, I had heard of B&J's but not the others and have been to none, I love visiting new shops.

We did this last week in the Utica area, visited all that we could find but TNT, as they are not open on the weekend, I will make a trip on a weekday sometime though. what are some of these guys  thinking with trying to have a life? I mean sheeeesh! heard
Thanks much!     Sean.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Up near Round Lake on Route 9 is Zack's.  Lake on one side off the road ans Zack's on the other.  I usually get milsurps from them but also got a SAR-1 form them a few years ago.  They also have some EBR's and are good guys.   Not as big as B&J's, but I try to stop at both when I am in the area doing service calls.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys crack me up!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude that's just wrong!

So hurt me daddy!

Pervert!  Keep your plunger to yourself freakshow!

Wave claims he keeps it in his radio car in case he gets a 311 call for a plumbing emergency.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I went and checked out B&J, J&J, S.A.M., and Accurate Arms, we got a late start so I didn't get the chance to check out Zack's, save that for the next trip out. What a great bunch of shops. I picked up a few small items that I needed at B&J and was pretty happy with the ammo selection at J&J, prices weren't THE best but very decent.

Thank you all for the suggestions, very much appreciated!     Sean.

BTW... Brian wasn't in today.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top