Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:01:39 PM EDT
    Hey guys!  I'm interested in an M4.  Is it legal in NY?  I'd like an 11707 model since I don't plan on living in NY forever.  Anyway, again is the the M4 (11707) legal in NY and if it is, what configuration do I need.  
    I know the collapsible is out but what about the pistol grip version? I know standard stocks are offered but have never seen one.  Lastly, if anyone knows where I can get one for a reasonable that would be great also.  
    Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of views no answers!  Can anyone help me out?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Assault weapon means:(not NY legal)
a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics:
a folding or telescoping stock;
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;
an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

First of all, you are crazy if you spend around $2000 on a defense shotgun, IMO.  Secondly, if you must have it , they are legal with the M4 standard stock(second one on this site www.therightgun.com/images/guns/gunsA-F/ben003aaa_lg.gif.  I'm not familiar with these shotguns but I assume the magazine holds more than 5 rounds.  If it only holds 5 or less, the pistol grip stock would be legal.

Get yourself a nice Mossberg 500 or 590 and you can legally put a folding stock/pistol grip/bayonet, etc. on it because they are not semi-auto.  Not to mention pumps are more reliable than semi-autos and around $1700 cheaper.  I would also look at semi-auto Russian Saigas or if you want the evil features, get a preban Franchi Spas 12.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one and there is no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top