Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 5:58:03 PM EDT
My whole life I've seen this happen: Some guy convinces himself that he can't live without some woman, then does something stupid thinking it'll get her to come back or get even with her.
Sad, so freaking sad:  www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--soldier-highwaych0316mar16,0,2251376.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork
20-Year-Old Ft. Drum
www.drum.army.mil/sites/installation/pao/Newsreleases/2006/0603-07.htm
Right in my own back yard.

ETA: Let's keep the risque language out of the titles, mmmkay? HD40
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You can only lead a horse to water you cannot make himm drink.

My son is going through girl BS for the last 2 years and he has to figure it out himself.
I have taught him but whether he learns or not is up to him not me.
All you can do is pray that he gets out without any life following damage.

RW3
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, how do you know that's the situation?

The articles are all pretty vague and the only thing they seem to indicate is that at some point he injured his wife.

I've been through plenty of crap with ex-girlfriends (most of us have) but I've never struck a woman and as far as I'm concerned, more should be expected of a US soldier. Quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that he acted the way he did (running from the police, hurting his wife, killing himself) vs. the fact that it started with a domestic dispute. I had a girlfriend punch me square in the mouth and I would still *never* consider laying a hand on her.

I'm not taking anyone's side here, because really, I don't know all the details. It's always a shame when someone needlessly dies, especially someone who served his country.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
A REAL MAN WOULD NEVER EVER HIT A WOMAN, SOLDIER OR NOT THIS GUY IS WORTHLESS
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#5]
feraldan, and mag162 are both correct in my sentiment.  Old school ways are still the best ways.

This whole episode brought to mind a shooting that occured in the area a year ago in December, where someone threw away the next fifteen years of his life over a woman. This is the third "event" of this nature in the county

IMHO, baised on some real incidents: We will start to see even more irrational/voilent/suicidal behavour in the months and years to come. Soldiers are well trained people, but still only human.

Still, it sucks that a twenty y/o would kill himself as the climax to a series of event that would punish, but not completely destroy his life.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I agree that a women isn't worth dying or going to jail over, but I don't see anything in those stories that shows she screwed him over. The whole storie hasn't been released pending completion of the investigation. "News releases" and press stories contain just enough for conjecture... my point is really about the suicide.

Do you know the family in question? No, I only live in the Village, belong to the rescue squad, and work on post. Events like this always touch home.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
In 97 I went through one of those NJ DVs. Almost lost my job.  Thanks to a good lawyer I was found not guilty.  If the woman shows any signs of being unstable, dump her like a hot potato.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
FP1201 and I are friends, that being said he knows that I went thru a similar incident this July witha  cheating wife who had other problems...(not going to get into them)

I thought her not worth hitting when I found out about her cheating, and other problems she put me thru.

Unfortunately, in this day and age with all the degenerate society around us it comes down to this for more and more families each year....

That being said, I have come to the conclusion that MOST  women in today's society are little more than life support systems for a set of mamaries and a vagina!

The secret is to find one that shares your VALUES and MORALS, and hold that one dearly to your heart.

You may flame away at me... I don't care.

But remember to bring up your children with VALUES and MORALS or your sons and daughters will succomb to a force greater than themselves in this age of sex without consequences , drugs, alcohol and the general decline of society.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Adirondack, what idiot would flame you for saying such a thing?

I applaud you and completely agree. Last night one of my best friends just told me that his wife has been cheating on him with a co-worker. Its becoming more and more common. A lot of women talk about how men are dogs and will cheat in a heatbeat but changing public opinion over the last 20 years has not only made it acceptable for women to cheat but almost encouraged it.

There are a shameful number of men willing to break the vows of marriage with someone outside their union but there are an equal number of women too. I'm tired of the focus being on men as the 'pig-ish' and unfaithful partners. Immorality does not know gender. I know plenty of very honorable and caring men who have been crapped on by dishonorable and self-centered women. If people want to talk about gender-stereotyping, then let's talk about this idiotic notion that men cheat more than women.

But remember to bring up your children with VALUES and MORALS or your sons and daughters will succomb to a force greater than themselves in this age of sex without consequences , drugs, alcohol and the general decline of society.

Listen to this man! We're living in a changing world that is fighting against the traditional values it was built upon. This starts with your children. Teach them to live with honor!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't want to get started but I have to completely agree with what everyone here says. I have gone through cheating problems with my last two girlfriends, it sucks, they both ended badly. I can say the best thing to do is to walk away and get over it as fast as possible. The best revenge is living your life like nothing happened.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Since this thread has headed off on another tangent I'll try to tie it back together.
It never ceases to amaze me when someone gets so hung up that they resort to absolute stupididty in the form of radical actions.  How many times have you heard "...if I could just talk to her..."  while explaining to the Cop why he's in voilation of a restraining order.  
Point is that no matter how you feel, reciprocity isn't garenteed and you should just get over it, and get on with life!
For every fish that gets off the hook, there're two more waiting for the chance.
Killing yourself becase the one you want doesn't want you doesn't do anything but leave you dead and the ones that really love you greaving, wondering WHY!

BTW: Thanks to the moderator who changed the title, it really wasn't appropriate, and I do know better  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't comprehend the desire to kill oneself.  I've been "lost" over women before but never never is it worth ending my life over.

It has happened a lot in this area recently.  Young men caught up in the moment of sorrow or anger and not giving themselves a chance to get over it.

As an older coworker said to me regarding suicide and women; "It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

About the only thing I'm glad of in this situation is that there weren't anymore deaths involved.  There will be plenty of pain for those left who knew the lad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]
For those interested, these words are from some who served with Linden:
www.newzjunky.com/record/coplog060317c.htm

Maby some that come home, never really get home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top