Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 4:21:47 AM EDT
i found this comment .. made by an individual .. who lives in albany county ...  on packing.org's website .. its under general notes about albany county roughly half way down ..

www.packing.org/state/new_york/#stateoff_limits

General notes
Date updated: Jul 29, 2005 @ 11:34:15 pm EDT

I live in Albany Co, NY (NY State Capital) and have an unrestricted permit. It was restricted to Hunting/fishing when I first received it. Getting an unrestricted in Albany Co. is difficult (yellow to red). I took a law enforcement course in advanced handgun defense and the judge removed the restrictions.

now .. if i can get my target practice and hunting restruction taken off my pistol permit by simply taking a 'law enforcement course in advanced handgun defense' .. then .. tell me where i sign up !?!

comments .. suggestions ? . i wish i knew who this guy was .. so i could find out where this course is.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Some judges will do that; some even require that you take a course to get the permit, from what I have heard.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I like this idea (mandatory adv. pistol defense class for CCW). Now which counties? ... If I could take a ton of pistol-combat classes and be allowed NYC CCW (we'll find out in a couple of years after I turn 21, spend another year getting the permit, then spend more time and money taking the classes and finally re-applying for a renewal on the pistol permit and upgrade to CCW)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top