Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 6:38:26 AM EDT
Anyone offering permanently blocked 30 round magazines? We do have to have them permanantly blocked now right? Group buy anyone?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Permanently blocked, maybe.  The way the new law reads is "permanently altered", not permanently blocked. Can you tell me how the word "permanent" is defined in the eyes of NJ law? A weld can be broken, a rivet can be drilled out and epoxy can be loosed with solvents right?  Sounds to me like that wouldn't be considered permanent. Does the body of thre mag. have to be cut down so it can only accept 15 rounds and no more. Is that what is meant by "permanent"?

Does anybody know for sure??????
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont think no one knows?? and they like it like that !!!
its fn laim.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had any magazines that needed "permanent" alterations, I might have used a rivet gun to make them blocked to 15-rounds and also to make it so you can't get the floorplate off.  If I had any like that, that is...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone offering permanently blocked 30 round magazines?

PK90 here on the board (Arms-N-Ammo) has permanently altered Bushmaster mags that hold the NJ max 15 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're blocking mags to 15, why not start with a 20-rounder?  They're smaller and marginally lighter, so you can carry more, and since they're not curved they pack up more efficiently.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of you might think it idiotic but I'm used to the look of the 30 rounders. Just like having a muzzle device. They aren't needed but the rifle just doesn't look right to me without them. PK90s aren't 30s. they are the standard 10s with a different follower I believe.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Some of you might think it idiotic but I'm used to the look of the 30 rounders. Just like having a muzzle device. They aren't needed but the rifle just doesn't look right to me without them. PK90s aren't 30s. they are the standard 10s with a different follower I believe.

PK90's 15 rounders have standard or Magpul followers (customer choice) in a 20 round mag body.
It's the base (not a simple sheetmetal baseplate) that makes it a 15 round max mag.

And having a 30 round mag body in NJ, regardless of the actual mag capacity, may attract attention to you that I'm not sure you want. Unless, of course, unplanned and uninvited cavity searches are your thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And having a 30 round mag body in NJ, regardless of the actual mag capacity, may attract attention to you that I'm not sure you want. Unless, of course, unplanned and uninvited cavity searches are your thing.

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Version 3 of the 15 round AR magazines will be coming out sometime in April.  They will have a 20 round mag body with a special base plate made exclusively for me.  Look for them in gun shops all across NJ.  

Nuff said.    Peace out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Look for them in gun shops all across NJ.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Version 3 of the 15 round AR magazines will be coming out sometime in April.  They will have a 20 round mag body with a special base plate made exclusively for me.  Look for them in gun shops all across NJ.  

Nuff said.    Peace out.

Damn, now you got me curious!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nuff said.    Peace out.

I was talking to PK90 about these the other day and they sound very good
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nuff said.    Peace out.

WOOT!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to see a PK90 engineered solution for the M1A & AR10.

I think there are enough of us to justify that.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

PK90,
am i reading this to mean that if i were to get some mil 20 rnd mag bodies (colt, adventure line, etc), this base plate of yours configures the complete magazine to accept only 15 rounds?  are you selling the baseplates separately?

thanks,
ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]

I'd like to see a PK90 engineered solution for the M1A & AR10.

I think there are enough of us to justify that.

don't forget my DPMS LR308  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PK90,
am i reading this to mean that if i were to get some mil 20 rnd mag bodies (colt, adventure line, etc), this base plate of yours configures the complete magazine to accept only 15 rounds?  are you selling the baseplates separately?

thanks,
ar-jedi

I think that he will be using CP curved 20 rd mag bodies without the 4 floor plate tabs.the
PK90 blocking floor plate gets fastened to the body by XXXX I think
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Permanently blocked, maybe.  The way the new law reads is "permanently altered", not permanently blocked. Can you tell me how the word "permanent" is defined in the eyes of NJ law? A weld can be broken, a rivet can be drilled out and epoxy can be loosed with solvents right?  Sounds to me like that wouldn't be considered permanent. Does the body of thre mag. have to be cut down so it can only accept 15 rounds and no more. Is that what is meant by "permanent"?

The egg sucking running dog enforcers in the State Police will interpret it as any magazine that can be returned to a capacity over 15 rounds by any means. That means they will screw you if they can. Fortunately, since most State Police are the offspring of women who are long term syphillis sufferers, they are too stupid to find their asses at high noon with both hands.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The egg sucking running dog enforcers in the State Police will interpret it as any magazine that can be returned to a capacity over 15 rounds by any means. That means they will screw you if they can. Fortunately, since most State Police are the offspring of women who are long term syphillis sufferers, they are too stupid to find their asses at high noon with both hands.

That's the problem!  Any magazine can be returned to a capacity over 15-rounds.  Sure, in some instances it will be a bit of trouble and require a bit of work, but it can be done.  Even those magazines in which some great measures have been taken to make sure it is legal can be reworked (with a like amount of great measure and a few spare parts) to hold more than 15-rounds.  Permanent is relative.  Someone with a machine shop can do pretty much anything, whereas your average joe would be stuck with what he bought.

Edit: After rereading this post I realized I entirely forgot to mention something!  I strongly believe that the law should be altered to read not as "altered permanently", but rather "reasonbly altered permanently".  Even a 10-round magazine can be altered to hold more rounds, but they expect some form of truely permanent method of fixing a magazine's capacity?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top