Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 5:49:16 PM EDT

[Name of representative]

I am writing to you about A2185, which revises criteria for determining whether a rifle is an assault weapon. This bill is attempting to change New Jerseys definition of an assault
weapon by decreasing the amount of cosmetic features a rifle can have before it is declared an assault weapon.

As you are aware, the federal assault weapons ban ended last year. New Jerseys assault weapons ban is still in effect with no sunset provision.  New Jersey already has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and A2185 would further burden current and future lawful rifle owners of this state by re-classifying
many modern rifles into so called “assault weapons” simply because of the way they look.

In effect, this bill would turn many current law abiding rifle owners into criminals.

I expect a reply from you about your views on this bill.

Sincerely,

Your Signature
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone

Courtesy of NJCSD.org

www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/legsearch.asp

WOULD LIKE TO THANKS ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE HELPING US FIGHT THIS UPHILL BATTLE.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just tried sending it through the site for Ocean County and it doesnt work
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Cain It's in the mail.   gd
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just tried sending it through the site for Ocean County and it doesnt work

LINK

Read this article on how to effectively contact ones reps.

Good article.

Cain1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks Cain It's in the mail.   gd

Snail mail is more "weighty" than email - since it take MORE effort.

In TRUE ARF.com tradition - DO BOTH!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh Yeah!  It's goin snail mail. Thanks Boys.  gd
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a template for each of my Representatives address saved under my documents.  Saves me time, searching the for their addresses.  

Cain1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top