Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:59:20 PM EDT
If I got a lets say Model 1 Commando 11.5" barrel and put a Model 1 Flash hider on which is 5.5" and make it 17" does it fall under NFA or SBR rules?

Never mind I was thinking of something else...Perm attached it is OK like a 14.5 with a Phantom hider..Answered my own question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
WRONG, if you have a pistol grip AND a flash hider or ANY SORT, even if perm attached...its ILLEGAL in NYS...sorry
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WRONG, if you have a pistol grip AND a flash hider or ANY SORT, even if perm attached...its ILLEGAL in NYS...sorry

Unless he has a pre-ban lower!

I have the same set-up with the fake flash-hider.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is going on a pre ban if I build it eventhough I don't need it.

I think it would look cool with the Model 1 5.5" flash hider with the holes all around it set in a 45M SIR if it fits or some sort of rail system.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes it is going on a pre ban if I build it eventhough I don't need it.

I think it would look cool with the Model 1 5.5" flash hider with the holes all around it set in a 45M SIR if it fits or some sort of rail system.

My photchop-fu is weak so I have to use my imagination on that but I think it would look pretty cool. However, is there any worry about touching off a round with that flash hider venting all that flash inside the rail system?

Whisky19
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think it would be in the SIR with a 45 series. Need to measure to make sure. Either way a short Yankee Hill rail would work.

To many projects and so little money to do them with.

I have 2 FAL's to build and a 1919A4....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top