Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 9:17:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Never been there but I did just see it on TV the other day.  Some show about the Olympics did a feature about Italian design and engineering. I was shocked by the sight of firearms in the heart of Manhattan.  Looked like they only had a handful of long guns and they were well secured. I'm pretty sure they were only display pieces. The show was kinda weak though. They focused on Beretta's new "high end" clothing line with $500 shirts, etc. and did a quick walk though in the factory. What a waste. I seriously doubt you could buy a gun there and you wouldn't want to if it was legal.  Unless of course, you had several thousand dollars to waste.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Been there many times and bought my 20 gauge special edition Onyx there 2 winters ago.  If you go try to deal with Ed Anderson.  Ed is one of thier gunsmiths and also helps with sales.  He also teaches shooting out at the Peconic river sportsmans club and know the proper way to fit you to your gun and is a very qualified instructor when it comes to wing shooting.   The store is a beautiful place but make sure you get all the way up to the third floor since that is where the guns are.  Also if you are going there with the intent of looking at pistols, they keep those out of sight locked up and you have to ask for them.   Mostly what you'll see on the 3rd floor is an awesome display of some of the worlds finest shotguns.  The second floor is a mix of shooting/hunting accessories and the first floor is some very nice but very high priced Italian sportswear.

BERETTA GALLERY
                                                        718 Madison Ave.
                                                        NY, NY                     11021
                                                        212-319-3235

p.s.   If you plan on buying a gun while there make sure that you have private transportation to get home with or they will not let you take your purchase with you and will have to ship it to dealer near you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been to the Gallery a few times and even bought a gun there (a 390 Trap).

It's a nice place, absolutely beautiful guns, including double rifles and double shotguns.  They also have some decent prices on demo guns that Beretta has used around the world.

Word of caution, it's not the kind of place you can browse easily.  Going up to the guns requires admission to an upstairs area, and it will be one on one with the help up there.

Also, don't overlook the Beretta clothing on the first floor, they make some nice shooting togs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats is some cool stuff. I've been approached by co-workers and tourists asking about the 'Beretta' Gallery and didn't know what they were talking about....

Hey Wave, whats with the picture of the NYPD VW Corrado? When viewed as a thumbnail it looks canary yellow with no markings but when viewed, it's white with the NYPD striping/markings?..I must give up on those funky mushrooms...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#6]
HERE IS A LITTLE FLASH OF THE INSIDE.

CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Swanky
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top