Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT
Its been a while since Ive been to range 14, but I had the day off so I thought I would go. The only people there were me and about a dozen federal cops from the base. Only 3 tables being used, including the one I was on. When I went to sign up for a table, the new manager asked me if I wanted 1 hour or 2 hours. Apparently they are very strict about the 2 hour limit. When asked about the limit, she said that at the end of the 2 hours, I would have to come back in and sign up for more time, unless there was a waiting list. On a crappy cold and slightly rainy wednesday, with the place friggin almost deserted, she cant cut me some slack? Then, the cops started to shoot some rapid shots, but she quickly put an end to that by yelling at them over the PA. When a few more officers showed up and one started to shoot a full-auto AR, she went nuts. She said that they could get shut down for having FA there. Then she tried to blame me, saying there was a civilian there (me), and they could get in trouble. I quickly told her that I dont mind at all, and I actually like the full auto. I asked her, "what are you going to do about the cops shooting FA.......call the cops?" Anyway, it was still a problem for her. I left shortly afterwards, not because of the FA, but I had to go, and as I was pulling away, I had my window slightly open,and I heard her say over the PA system to the officers..." what am I going to do..call the cops on you guys?".....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Welp, looks like I won't be renewing my membership there.  What a way for me to waste $25.  Looks like I'll have to join an uber-expensive club afterall .
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on whos the RO. The girls tend to be more strict, but 4 weeks ago, when the old man happened to be RO, he lets us dump mags and shoot empty freon canisters/steel plinker targets/hard-drives out there without a problem (with about 8 of us, on two tables, pretty much all firing weapons on/off at a time). For the money, I think its worth it, bitchy RO or not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Welp, looks like I won't be renewing my membership there.  What a way for me to waste $25.  Looks like I'll have to join an uber-expensive club afterall .

Yep, just another good reason to join CJRPC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its been a while since Ive been to range 14, but I had the day off so I thought I would go. The only people there were me and about a dozen federal cops from the base. Only 3 tables being used, including the one I was on. When I went to sign up for a table, the new manager asked me if I wanted 1 hour or 2 hours. Apparently they are very strict about the 2 hour limit. When asked about the limit, she said that at the end of the 2 hours, I would have to come back in and sign up for more time, unless there was a waiting list. On a crappy cold and slightly rainy wednesday, with the place friggin almost deserted, she cant cut me some slack? Then, the cops started to shoot some rapid shots, but she quickly put an end to that by yelling at them over the PA. When a few more officers showed up and one started to shoot a full-auto AR, she went nuts. She said that they could get shut down for having FA there. Then she tried to blame me, saying there was a civilian there (me), and they could get in trouble. I quickly told her that I dont mind at all, and I actually like the full auto. I asked her, "what are you going to do about the cops shooting FA.......call the cops?" Anyway, it was still a problem for her. I left shortly afterwards, not because of the FA, but I had to go, and as I was pulling away, I had my window slightly open,and I heard her say over the PA system to the officers..." what am I going to do..call the cops on you guys?".....

Hopefully, the Feds will notice the nagging bitch and request a management change for Range 14, after all, ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Range 14 is part of Fort Dix , courtesy of the TAXPAYER.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]

You can't fire FA at CJ either, LE or not, without BOD approval and good luck getting that passed. I couldn't.

If the "range slobs", especially in the "pits", don't start cleaning up after themselves, the existing rules at CJ will be more strictly enforced, and rightfully so.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who pay up to $150/year to belong, trash their own club property and leave it for others to pick up. Police brass? Some shooters don't know the meaning of the phrase!

There are more rules and regulations on the books at CJ than most here would care to abide by.

I've been a member for close to 15 years now. I like CJ very much and find it a great place to shoot. I don't have a problem with the range rules, just those who don't follow them.

Rapid fire is largely frowned upon on the "high power" (300 yd.) range.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You can't fire FA at CJ either, LE or not, without BOD approval and good luck getting that passed. I couldn't.

If the "range slobs", especially in the "pits", don't start cleaning up after themselves, the existing rules at CJ will be more strictly enforced, and rightfully so.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who pay up to $150/year to belong, trash their own club property and leave it for others to pick up. Police brass? Some shooters don't know the meaning of the phrase!

There are more rules and regulations on the books at CJ than most here would care to abide by.

I've been a member for close to 15 years now. I like CJ very much and find it a great place to shoot. I don't have a problem with the range rules, just those who don't follow them.

Rapid fire is largely frowned upon on the "high power" (300 yd.) range.

I don't own any FA weapons, however I really would like to "rapid fire" sometimes.  Hardly anything feels as good as dumping an enbloc from an M1 Garand .
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]

I don't own any FA weapons, however I really would like to "rapid fire" sometimes. Hardly anything feels as good as dumping an enbloc from an M1 Garand.

Actaully I've outgrown that urge over the years. For the most part, it's a waste of good ammo.

Short story...I was at CJ one day with a couple of rifles. I wanted to sight my M1A NM w/scope in at 300 yds. so I went directly to the "high power" range and began to set up. This range allows for 100, 200 and 300 yard targets w/o going down range each time, etc. and allows one to check their POI at all three ranges.

There were a couple of the old timers in the club firing their single shot "shootzen" (SP?) rifles. They fire veeery slowing. There was also a guy further down the line shooting a Garand. It appeared that he was possibly practicing for a match due to his shooting jacket, etc.

I also had my AR with me and wanted to see where the sights were at 300 yds.

As soon as the old timers saw the two rifles, there was a conference between them (3 shooters). One guy speaks up and says to me, "if your going to act like those other yahoos with those rifles and shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, move over to the general purpose range" (200 mtrs.). This guy was the "appointed" range officer for the 300 yd. range, which is actually required by club rules. He took it upon himself to set me straight before I loaded one round in a magazine!

I assured them that I was not there to rapid fire and only wanted to check/adjust my sights/scope at 300 yds. and in. None of them talked with me all the while I shot there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like PA is gonna prosper again.

You can't argue with idiots and the criminally insane, you can only legally deprive them of YOUR hard earned $$$s. Look Fort Dix IS a lost cause - till they are forced to sell or re-think their marketing strategy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like PA is gonna prosper again.

You can't argue with idiots and the criminally insane, you can only legally deprive them of YOUR hard earned $$$s. Look Fort Dix IS a lost cause - till they are forced to sell or re-think their marketing strategy.

Hey let me know when you want to venture to PA.  I haven't renewed my membership at Fort Dix and I don't plan on it.

For the same amount of time it takes me to get to Fort Dix, I cound be in PA.  btw, my PA CCW is still good. lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't own any FA weapons, however I really would like to "rapid fire" sometimes. Hardly anything feels as good as dumping an enbloc from an M1 Garand.

Actaully I've outgrown that urge over the years. For the most part, it's a waste of good ammo.

Short story...I was at CJ one day with a couple of rifles. I wanted to sight my M1A NM w/scope in at 300 yds. so I went directly to the "high power" range and began to set up. This range allows for 100, 200 and 300 yard targets w/o going down range each time, etc. and allows one to check their POI at all three ranges.

There were a couple of the old timers in the club firing their single shot "shootzen" (SP?) rifles. They fire veeery slowing. There was also a guy further down the line shooting a Garand. It appeared that he was possibly practicing for a match due to his shooting jacket, etc.

As soon as the old timers saw the two rifles, there was a conference between them (3 shooters). One guy speaks up and says to me, "if your going to act like those other yahoos with those rifles and shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, move over to the general purpose range" (200 mtrs.). This guy was the "appointed" range officer for the 300 yd. range, which is actually required by club rules. He took it upon himself to set me straight before I loaded one round in a magazine!

I assured them that I was not there to rapid fire and only wanted to check/adjust my sights/scope at 300 yds. and in. None of them talked with me all the while I shot there.

Hehe, I say "rapid fire", but I don't mean pulling the trigger as fast as I can (not suree how accurate anyone could be with a 30-06 rapid fired, kicks a bit).  Mostly I mean just faster than carefully aimed fire.  At Fort Dix they classify "Rapid Fire" as anything faster than 1 shot every 2 seconds.  Sometimes firing off a double tap feels good, as does pulling the trigger for a string of a bit faster than 1 shot/2 seconds.  Not exactly "Rapid Fire" in my book, as I can empty the entire 8-round magazine of my 1911 in a few seconds (which I don't usually do).

I joined Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA, and have been happy so far.  Sure, it's not a full featured indoor/outdoor range, but it sure beats the alternative.  Pistols, pistol caliber carbines (including the full auto ones they rent), .22 rifles, and shotguns are all allowed.

I'm really beginning to mull my choices for an outdoor rifle range, as I really want a place to shoot my rifles.  My local club won't cut it, as they have a one (yes, 1!) round limit loaded in a rifle at any time.  Can you imagine me sitting there with my AR15 and 10 magazines...all loaded with 1 round each?  I can get over the 5-round pistol magazine limit, but I won't like it, but the 1-round magazine rifle limit??
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe, I say "rapid fire", but I don't mean pulling the trigger as fast as I can (not suree how accurate anyone could be with a 30-06 rapid fired, kicks a bit).  Mostly I mean just faster than carefully aimed fire.  At Fort Dix they classify "Rapid Fire" as anything faster than 1 shot every 2 seconds.  Sometimes firing off a double tap feels good, as does pulling the trigger for a string of a bit faster than 1 shot/2 seconds.  Not exactly "Rapid Fire" in my book, as I can empty the entire 8-round magazine of my 1911 in a few seconds (which I don't usually do).

I joined Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA, and have been happy so far.  Sure, it's not a full featured indoor/outdoor range, but it sure beats the alternative.  Pistols, pistol caliber carbines (including the full auto ones they rent), .22 rifles, and shotguns are all allowed.

I'm really beginning to mull my choices for an outdoor rifle range, as I really want a place to shoot my rifles.  My local club won't cut it, as they have a one (yes, 1!) round limit loaded in a rifle at any time.  Can you imagine me sitting there with my AR15 and 10 magazines...all loaded with 1 round each?  I can get over the 5-round pistol magazine limit, but I won't like it, but the 1-round magazine rifle limit??

check IM.EM
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the new mangement can be a pain. If Joe is in the tower your good to go. But nothing auto. Joe's pet peeve is safety and you can't fault him for that. It's just about the only game in town, unless you can afford the Central Jersey Club in Jackson or Old Bridge. Good luck.  gd
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
There's a range in PA, the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Club.  I was thinking about checking that place out as well as CJ.

PM back at you Target.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There's a range in PA, the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Club.  I was thinking about checking that place out as well as CJ.

Looks like a nice place to shoot (from the website)!
Funny, they don't mention the dues structure on the site. Where are they $$-wise?

Hope to see you all on Sunday at Buckeye
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, they don't mention the dues structure on the site. Where are they $$-wise?

Follows is a dues structure I received from their membership director:

Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Assn. Inc., Membership Fees

Membership Fees July 1st - June 30th.  Fiscal Year

Initiation $ 250.00   - one time fee
Initiation (Sr. and Disabled) $ 125.00
Annual Club dues $   75.00
Annual Dues (Sr. and Disabled) $   45.00
NRA Dues (if not a member) $   35.00
Gate Card $     5.00   - one time fee unless card is lost.

Dues are prorated if you join during the year:

W/NRA Dues Dues W/Out NRA
May, June, July, August

Regular     $365.00 $330.00
Sr. & Disabled $215.00 $180.00

Sept., Oct., Nov.

Regular      $350.00 $315.00
Sr. & Disabled $206.25 $171.25

Dec., Jan., Feb.

Regular         $335.00 $300.00
Sr. & Disabled $200.00 $165.00

March & April

Regular            $320.00 $285.00
Sr. & Disabled $188.75 $153.75

Members are required to work 12 hours per year at the club or pay $ 7.00 for every unworked hour at the end of the year.

There is also a $ 5.00 fee for each guest that you bring to the club to shoot.  Immediate family members (spouses and children under 18) are not considered guests.

Seniors or handicapped persons are excused from the work requirement.

I think it's a bit more expensive than CJRPC.  I have no clue what their rules and regulations are, so I can't comment on that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I guess range 14 has chaged since I was last there a year ago. I will admit to getting a little carried away on my semi-auto 1919 and nobody said anything to be about rapid fireing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
There's a range in PA, the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Club. I was thinking about checking that place out as well as CJ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I inquired about that place last year and I heard from a few folks that they are NOT black rifle friendly.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a range in PA, the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Club. I was thinking about checking that place out as well as CJ.

I inquired about that place last year and I heard from a few folks that they are NOT black rifle friendly.

Really?  Damn.  I'll have to check into that myself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Damn.  I'll have to check into that myself.[/quote]

I'd ask the guys over in the PA hometown forum. If I remember correctly, it was described as a hunter/benchrest shooting type of place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#21]
weneed to find a good club within a decent drive
im not so happy about waht is going on at R14
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've been  a member for 18 years and shoot on the AP range and pits. I shoot rapid fire and no one has ever bothered meand I shoot most every Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There is also a club  called Langhorne Rod & Gun and, word has it, they are EBR-friendly.  They are in the $250 membership range, as I recall.

Personally, I have enjoyed shooting at Water & Wings IMMENSELY since I moved here.  Its in Quakertown, a bit out of the way for most of you, but a great place to shoot.  up to 500 yard rifle range, laid back, pretty cool.  Only restricition I've found is no full-auto.

Water and Wings?  Their website is crap.  Can you give us more info?  It seems to be about an hour from me.  No worse than the 45 minute away places, really...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is also a club  called Langhorne Rod & Gun and, word has it, they are EBR-friendly.  They are in the $250 membership range, as I recall.

Personally, I have enjoyed shooting at Water & Wings IMMENSELY since I moved here.  Its in Quakertown, a bit out of the way for most of you, but a great place to shoot.  up to 500 yard rifle range, laid back, pretty cool.  Only restricition I've found is no full-auto.

Water and Wings?  Their website is crap.  Can you give us more info?  It seems to be about an hour from me.  No worse than the 45 minute away places, really...

Someone in the PA forum mentioned that W & W was sold to a developer, not sure how much longer we can shoot there. I'm sure FMJunkie can elaborate on that issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone in the PA forum mentioned that W & W was sold to a developer, not sure how much longer we can shoot there. I'm sure FMJunkie can elaborate on that issue.

It's a FARKING conspiracy I say!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Me and some friends went by Water & Wings this saturday and they were closed.  The guys at DEFCON 1 said that they might be closed for the winter, but after hearing that it might have been sold makes you wonder.  

Personally I'll still go to Ft. Dix since I've been told, by the new female manager, that I can bring steel targets as long as they move when hit to absorb some of the impact to lessen the chance of a ricochet.  Every one complains about the new management but has anyone gone to one of the meetings (held the first wed of the month I think)??  Personally I don't think it's that bad of a deal still.  You can shoot at targets other than just paper targets.  It's not expensive compared to most of the other ranges here in NJ that charge a few hundred dollars for an initiation fee and then charge a few hundred more for the annual fee.

If you don't like something then don't just complain about it, try and do something about it.  Telling the new manager that the old manager used to let you do something isn't doing something.  Doing something means going to the meetings and giving your input there.  Get as many members as possible to go on the same night.  Go to more than just one meeting, go to as many consecutive meetings that you can.  If anyone wants to attend the meetings let me know and I'll make sure I'm there (my office on Dix isn't that far from range 14 anyways).
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never had an issue at Range 14 ever, until she showed up. Read the original post by Fishpaw again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

PM back at you Target.

I think Falls has a 5 round maximum in any firearm.

WBK
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM back at you Target.

WBK

A 5 round max would truly blow, especially in a free state (actually a commonwealth) like PA
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I've never had an issue at Range 14 ever, until she showed up. Read the original post by Fishpaw again.

I have read it, more than once too.  That doesn't change anything that I wrote earlier.  If you're not willing to at least attempt to get something changed (fishpaw, I'm not saying that you're not), then don't complain about it.  I still stand by my question from earlier, has anyone here actually attended one of the monthly meetings at the Ft. Dix Rod & Gun Club??  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM back at you Target.

WBK

A 5 round max would truly blow, especially in a free state (actually a commonwealth) like PA

Then it's only slightly better than my local range.  Welp, I'll be scratching that one off.

I wonder how much it is to start a range of our own?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Well I guess range 14 has chaged since I was last there a year ago. I will admit to getting a little carried away on my semi-auto 1919 and nobody said anything to be about rapid fireing.

Oddly enough, I was shooting a semi 1919a4 when I was there.  As soon as I began setting it up, the manager came out and told me that there was no rapid fire. Also the cops asked me if I needed the gun for hunting deer. I told them it was for squirrels.
  I did speak to the manager a bit, not in a confrontational way, and asked about a few things. She said that when she was asked to take over as manager, she was told by the higher ups that the range had become too lax and laid back, and that they wanted her to run a tight ship.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have read it, more than once too.  That doesn't change anything that I wrote earlier.  If you're not willing to at least attempt to get something changed (fishpaw, I'm not saying that you're not), then don't complain about it.  I still stand by my question from earlier, has anyone here actually attended one of the monthly meetings at the Ft. Dix Rod & Gun Club??  

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

W&W is/was a nice place to shoot. 100-500 yd rifle range, 7-50 yd pistol range, but you can shoot AR's there as well. Everyone we met there was pretty nice

It has indeed been sold. FMJ and I were there the last weekend that they were open and we didn't exactly get a good feeling that it was going to reopen. I would say about 50/50
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Dues are $50. a year and $3.00/ hour to shoot. Bring your own targets or buy them $3.00 a piece. I don't have any problems at Ft. Dix. I double tap on the pistol range all day. Nobody complains. As far as Auto goes, if I can't shoot auto than neither can any one else. No matter what you do for a living. No offense to our Brothers in Blue, but it's not an LE or Military Range. It's  the Ft Dix Rod and Gun Club and so far, as far as I know, it's open to anyone with a firearms permit. Nothing over 50 Cal and no full auto.. As far as rapid fire goes that seems to be something new, since the new regime came in. I don't remember Chuck ever complaining about it, unfortunately he's no longer the Range Boss. All the best to all of you. gd
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Dues are only $25/year if you're military, law enforcement, or government employee.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully, the Feds will notice the nagging bitch and request a management change
for Range 14, after all, ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Range 14 is part of Fort Dix ,
courtesy of the TAXPAYER Jim Saxton.

Fixed it for you.

Just think of all of those civilian ranges (that could have been) if Rep Jim Saxton had let Ft. Dix/McGuire die (BRAC) like it should have.

B_S
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Just think of all of those civilian ranges (that could have been) if Rep Jim Saxton had let Ft. Dix/McGuire die (BRAC) like it should have.

That's been my wish ever since I got my orders to McGuire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hopefully, the Feds will notice the nagging bitch and request a management change
for Range 14, after all, ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Range 14 is part of Fort Dix ,
courtesy of the TAXPAYER Jim Saxton.

Fixed it for you.

B_S

You're right, but guess who pays for it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I was at Fort Dix today and no problems unlike last time. But then again, I was only shooting my Garand and Enfield....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#41]
That's right Boom. I forgot about the reduction for retired and serving military and GSrs. gd
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I went up to Range 14 late in the day ( I felt pretty ill all day, but had to go) to check my carbine sights and the working condition of my XD ( which was sick last week). I caught the C-fire before the last 30 minutes of shooting, enough time to test my toys. No bitching from the RO nor the office rats, even when I was double tapping. The guys next to me were firing their AKs from the hip one-handed, yet nothing from the RO.
Some of you remember my problems with the XD at Buckeye, turns out it needed a minor adjustment ( the gunsmith gave me instructions via email on what to do) and now works wonderfully again.
I am not abandoning Range 14 yet, but I almost did. Hopefully we'll have a full-blown NJ Blast there soon, or a Blast somewhere, FMJunkie, I miss shooting with you
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#43]
BTH
maybe we can get a mini blast there
but we might have to prearrange it with them for the daytime lnaes 12-13-14 for the day
none of this 2 hour crap
that wouldnt be worth it
oh yeah
they might fear my black shotgun
wooooo
woooooooo
scary
and then if i get the bayonet on it
even more scary
and then
I might rack the sucker
and everyone will drop to the  dirt
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
BTH
maybe we can get a mini blast there
but we might have to prearrange it with them for the daytime lnaes 12-13-14 for the day
none of this 2 hour crap
that wouldnt be worth it

You're right. The range beotch wants pre-arrangements, she said it herself when she took over last year. I prefer a Big Blast with FMJunkie at the helm, his event-fu is much better than mine for the time being.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Seeing as I missed the last blast I am in SERIOUS need of a blast...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I had no issues at 14 yesterday morning. Nice day all in all. gd  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Try some sauted onions and baked beans = one serious BLAST alright!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try some sauted onions and baked beans = one serious BLAST alright!

I'll tell my wife it was YOUR idea
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#50]
 I am at Range 14 about every other week and have had minimal issues there.  A few weeks ago there was a guy next to me with a full-auto, completely slienced HKMP5 that he was able to fire for half an hour.  I guess it could have been because it was so quiet, but I am sure whoever was in the tower could see what he was shooting.

Usually I hear them complain about anything over a three round rapid fire, but even the girls seem to at least allow that.  It really depends who is in charge at the time.

By the way, has anyone been pulled over by the Ft. Dix police while leaving?  I only ask because I see them more than usual sitting along the dirt entrance.  Chuck said that they would not and do not pull over range patrons, but I wonder.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top