Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 5:25:04 PM EDT
I am looking to apply there in the fall, once I finish up my 2 year degree. (Will have 55 credits after this semester, 6 from graduating)

I am thinking this would be an awesome step into the realm of security.... FBI maybe?

Any info?

I understand that its not an easy process to go through, and the selection criteria is hard. I do have a good amount going for me however, more speficially I have one of the top FBI agents in Newark willing to give me a reference, along with his wife (retired however), plus I have a Lt. in the State Police willing to help me out.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Send an IM to "sjauch" and ask him for his input...

I am going to inquire that he doesn't like them?

Or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're wrong.  He can offer you some very good insight into the process.

Ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:04:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to be sent through the academy, as I don't have any LE training.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Need a 4 year degree to get into the NJ State Police.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or two year degree and two years military or "Real " work experience.

My wife is a Trooper. Any questions, feel free to IM me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or two year degree and two years military or "Real " work experience.

My wife is a Trooper. Any questions, feel free to IM me.

I'd have to be sent through the academy, as I don't have any LE training.

So yes he would need a four year degree.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
i am in currently in the process...hopefully slated to go into the academy in june if there is funding.  as far as upcoming classes go, i was just recently at a career nite and the troopers stated not to look for anything until july, which is the beginning of the fiscal year.  a recent bill was just passed, raising the car registrations 4 dollars...3 of those dollars is going to replace the helicopter fleet for the NJSP and 1 dollar is going to put thru 4 "50" man classes per year of recruits.  hopefully the money raised by the fees will be used for its intended use.

and you only need a 2 year degree and 2 years of ANY work experience where you received a W2.  the work experience does not need to be consecutive either.

good luck to you, and if you have any questions let me know.  i have been going thru this process for a year now and have learned much about the entire process.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
you have to go through the tropper academy which does not accept alternate route. there are two down there. i know fellow officers of mine who wanted to become troopers and they had to go to the academy again. i could be wrong. i would go to the site and see when the next career night is. as for me, i am a retired LEO in NJ. its the greatest job you will ever have. i miss it already.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

2 year degree, with real life work experience.

I work for the State of NJ... been doing so for awhile now.

My credentials are pretty awesome (or so I've been told). I think I'd have a shot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top