Cool! Thanks's gents.   gd  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are thre VLTOR rifle stock and the Magpul PRS Jersey Legal. Thanks  gd

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a VLTOR carbine stock.  Its really well made so you should be happy with the fixed stocks.  I only wish I bought the clubfoot version.

I thought long and hard about the PRS.  Like all Magpul products, I'm sure it is top notch.  I chose to stick with my atandard A2 stock for my scoped rifle as it is not an ultra-precision tack driver nor was it ever meant to be.  I doubt I will ever need the adjustable cheek piece cause they already make mounts that put the scope at the correct height.

Here is my toy:

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting the pix guys. Those are beautiful builds. They are both configured the way I'm thinking of going with the project, sans the scope. I like the flat top rather than the handle. Do any of these have a pre assembled upper? or are they from scratch. Thanks   gd
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Scratch build for me.  Many possiblities are opened when you invest in the proper tools specific to the AR platform.

From what I've read, the Magpul PRS does come in handy for night vision and infrared devices which tend to be larger than traditional optics.  It is not for everyone.  Maybe one day I'll actually get to see and handle one and then I just my buy it.  For now, I am content with the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for posting the pix guys. Those are beautiful builds. They are both configured the way I'm thinking of going with the project, sans the scope. I like the flat top rather than the handle. Do any of these have a pre assembled upper? or are they from scratch. Thanks   gd

team members click here for the full scoop:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231558

in short, it's a scratch build.

ETA..... for the non-members, cut-n-pasted from the link above:

barrel: GTS WOA 16" match grade 1:7 stainless midlength, with M4 ramps (thanks denny @ gts)
barrel paint: Lauer Duracoat, desert tan (thanks denny)
gas block: Larue Low Profile (thanks grant @ g&r)
forearm: Larue 9" (thanks grant)
upper: CMT flat top with M4 ramps (thanks denny)
bolt carrier: Young Maunfacturing, National Match (thanks denny)
lower: Bushmaster (thanks chris @ eagle firearms)
trigger: McCormick single stage curved drop-in (thanks wes @ mstn)
stock: Vltor A1 length fixed clubfoot, desert tan (thanks chris)
grip: TangoDown Battlegrip, tan (thanks grant)
rail covers: Magpul ladder type, coyote brown (thanks grant)
scope: Leupold MR/T 3x9 illuminated M1 turret mildot (thanks d&r sports)
scope cover: Scopecoat XP6 (thanks sinclair)
scope mount: Larue SPR (thanks wes)
bipod: Harris BRM-S w/ "clone-loc" (thanks Midway USA and ar15.com)
bipod mount: ARMS #32 (thanks grant)
case: Waller "discreet" Soft Safe (thanks Waller and Son, CT USA)
magazine: BM 10rd (thanks NJ state government!)

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top