Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 9:16:56 PM EDT
My dealer happened to tell me that he thought in NY you could apply for a license to own a full auto.  I wanted to know if there is any truth to this matter?  If so how would I go about getting one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait..... An FFL from NY dissemintating misinformation..... I CANT BELIEVE IT!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Newman18, you are out of luck.  The only way a non-PO can have a machinegun is under very tightly controlled circumstances as a manufacturer; there are only a handful of such persons in the state.

However, if you're Jonesing for full auto, there are no rules against buying a machinegun to keep in Vermont, Pennsylvania or Florida . . .
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
how do you buy a machinegun to keep elsewhere ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
BSOG1, done all the time and perfectly legal, but I don't want to spell it out here.  It's not complicated.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the help I just have to go anthor route and get my ffl and then class 3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top