Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:03:46 PM EDT
Hi
Im selling some Glock hicaps in the EE and someone from NY has expressed more than a passing interest in them. Ive looked around the net and as I understand NY law if the mag is made before 9/13/94 then its OK. Is this correct? If the mag isnt dated then I assume NY would view it as banned. Correct? Before I send them I want to make sure this isnt going to cause problems.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx very much I appreacite your help!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I was actualy eyeballing your ad.  Yes, the gen 1 ndf mags were made before the ban and legal for sale in NY.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
This is almost enough to make me wonder if some of my Glock 17 magazines are NY legal.  And of the ones that are, who would be interested in buying them.

Almost.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Vinnie, Raptor

Steve 'Cityrepo61'
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't bought any Glock mags since the ban ended -- what stupid rules, that I commit a felony unless I bring a 20 page feature guide to determine the year the mag was made.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I haven't bought any Glock mags since the ban ended -- what stupid rules, that I commit a felony unless I bring a 20 page feature guide to determine the year the mag was made.

Is that true?  That the burden of proof is on the accused?  Very anti-American!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, this is making me feel much better...I get to sell mags I no longer use which will also go to a 'good cause'.

One more Q...is there any prohibition for converting a preban mag to a bigger size...as in the Glock +2 florrplate?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that true?  That the burden of proof is on the accused?  Very anti-American!

Yes, it's true.  The state only has to prove that you have a mag with >10 round capacity.  It's up to you to prove it's preban.

Phil-help me out here-I thought under the Penal Law (Section 25 below) a defendant only has the burden of proving an "affirmative defense" and that an affirmative defense has to be clearly defined as such by statute.  I didn't think the "grandfather clause" constituted an affirmative defense because the Penal Law does not declare it to be one.

Thanks!

Penal Law § 25.00.  Defenses; burden of proof

1. When a "defense," other than an "affirmative defense," defined by
statute is raised at a trial, the people have the burden of disproving such
defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. When a defense declared by statute to be an "affirmative defense" is
raised at a trial, the defendant has the burden of establishing such
defense by a preponderance of the evidence.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
ACDer, you may be right.  Under the old Federal law it would have been different.  I'm going to look into this tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, this is making me feel much better...I get to sell mags I no longer use which will also go to a 'good cause'.

One more Q...is there any prohibition for converting a preban mag to a bigger size...as in the Glock +2 florrplate?

Nope, a preban mag can have more than 10 rounds, so adding an extension is perfectly legal.  One caveat is that in NYC you cannot have a pistol mag that protrudes from the bottom of the mag well so no extensions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Great...thanx very much for all the infos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top