Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:42:52 PM EDT
my latest current project...

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM!!!

its almost done

next tidbit of information is some form of Bushmaster precision type or CQB animal
lets just say I am building one around the ARMS 38S-EX...as weird as that sounds
building one around a rail...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone want to host pics for me
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Email them to me, I can host it. IM inbound w/ my email.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Git-R-Done !!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
sjauch now has the pictures
tell me what you think
this was the shotty you sold me ages ago
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is 55R's shotty:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks sjauch
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
looks great!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup, looking good Jonas.

Sjauch very nice build.

What are the components?

870 12 or 20?

Butt? Etc.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
actually sjauch posted these pictures for me
its my build
and as of tonight
it now has a speedfeed foregrip (it was cheap so I didnt care that it wont be used for long) to match the rest of the gun and I also picked up
an aluminum follower and a 3 point sling from Scattergun.that took a PhD to figure that out

this is the build
started life with BTH as a 20 rifle sight 870Police with, i think, a walnut stock.
The rest of the parts
EoTech NV compatible HWS
Knights 870 RAS
Remington Police 18" bead sight barrel
Remington mag extension
Argonaut Armament Pistol grip adapter
Bushmaster 6 position collapsible stock
Bushmaster A2 grip
Speedfeed front handguard
Aluminum follower
Scattergun 3 Pt sling

Im debating on Troy BUIS
and either a desert tan or olive green paint
as Im a bit tired of black
and all the parking doesnt match

It does have some weight to it
but all phase plasma rifles with a 40 watt range are like that
I compared it to a similar build at Brick Armory
which was an 870 expresswith similar parts
but i felt the Police model will just withstand
more of a beating as the express felt almost too light

range report soon

what do ya guys think?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
range review
it hurt like hell to shoot this thing
My RAS had issues which i think i have now fixed
as for sighting it in my Eotech ran out of batteries that day grrrr
it did put buckshot on the target at 25 yards when framing it in the Eotech though
but like I said it did hurt like hell
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#13]
555R's shotty.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
range review
it hurt like hell to shoot this thing
My RAS had issues which i think i have now fixed
it did put buckshot on the target at 25 yards when framing it in the Eotech though

Nice build.  Give your shoulder a brake and get on of these Knoxx Spec Ops Stock.  Have one on my Moss590 and it works great.  Buckshot and slugs no problem! Look on the EE I have seen some good prices listed on there for the 870 version.  Your shoulder will thank you!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Nice build.  Give your shoulder a brake and get on of these Knoxx Spec Ops Stock.  Have one on my Moss590 and it works great.  Buckshot and slugs no problem! Look on the EE I have seen some good prices listed on there for the 870 version.  Your shoulder will thank you!!

Collapsible stock

Edit: I really want one of those, too...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#16]
that thing is total badass.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#17]
my only issue with the knoxx is that it doesnt remain in line with the bore and it will make it tough to use the optics...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#18]
The angle change with recoil compression seems negligible. The compression is only slightly over 1 inch with full recoil absorption. Even at the longest (15.25 inch) length of pull adjustment with 1.25 inches of compression the actual elevation of your cheek weld sight picture is less than .25 inches. And that's only if the offset is greater than 10° from stock to barrel. The EoTech will easily keep you on target with that small amount of travel, movement from unchecked recoil would most likely shift you further.

BTW Nice build!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks
today I just acquired the YHM from non flipup
front sight(looks like the standard AR15 front sight) for the cost of 5 fingers
not stolen but free from someone who didnt need it as it was the wrong sight.
Its the same plane front sight
looks a bit odd at first but hell I didnt even have to sight it in because it lined right up
funny how taht worked out

as for the Knoxx Im waiting for the release of their cheekrest for it

the setup right now my cheekweld is perfect for the BUIS and the Eotech which is co witnessed to the irons
a buttstock change would ruin it for me but maybe the next shotgun will have it
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
range review
it hurt like hell to shoot this thingMy RAS had issues which i think i have now fixed

MAGNAPORT - I have many of my shotguns (slug .20 and trap .12s magnaported) and large bore rilfes magnaported: BIG DIFFERENCE and does NOT ruin barrel profile like most muzzle brakes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
range review
it hurt like hell to shoot this thingMy RAS had issues which i think i have now fixed

MAGNAPORT - I have many of my shotguns (slug .20 and trap .12s magnaported) and large bore rilfes magnaported: BIG DIFFERENCE and does NOT ruin barrel profile like most muzzle brakes.

Wuzzat?

Aha, I see, I found the website.  If I understand correctly,  it would cost me $88.50 + S&H to have my 870P ported (when I get it, very soon hopefully).  I think that porting is badass .
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The angle change with recoil compression seems negligible. The compression is only slightly over 1 inch with full recoil absorption. Even at the longest (15.25 inch) length of pull adjustment with 1.25 inches of compression the actual elevation of your cheek weld sight picture is less than .25 inches. And that's only if the offset is greater than 10° from stock to barrel. The EoTech will easily keep you on target with that small amount of travel, movement from unchecked recoil would most likely shift you further.

BTW Nice build!

Agreed StoutOfHeart.  I have a J point on mine with the Knoxx Spec Ops and no problems.  It's a shotgun and not a long range sniper rifle.  The point of aim point of impact stays solid for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#23]
John post a pic of your setup im curious about the j point mount
also the setup i have gives me a perfect cheekweld to my Eotech and irons
thats why im so hesitant to change it
it feels exactly like my AR15
and that never happens whenever i build something
which really struck me as odd when it was put together
i will post updated pics today
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Guess what I just came home with!?!?!?

Only problem is the Surefire already burned out heh!  I'll call around Monday to see what will get done about it, other than that it's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]
did you get it in PA
I was going to go today but i couldnt make it
maybe monday
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
range review

Wuzzat?

Aha, I see, I found the website.  If I understand correctly,  it would cost me $88.50 + S&H to have my 870P ported (when I get it, very soon hopefully).  I think that porting is badass .

Trust me the barrel jump correction alone is awesome. Recoil reduction is excellent and it is cosmetically pleasing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
did you get it in PA
I was going to go today but i couldnt make it
maybe monday

Yeah, by the way the price went up $7 due to a new Remington pricelist or something.  I didn't figure it was too big of a deal.  I'll have to call them tomorrow because of the stupid light, though.  I'm not sure what the problem is, as the light was still in the sealed plastic when I brought it home, and I put the batteries in (which were opened), and it worked fine for a minute, then stopped working.  Weird.  I tried new batteries, but to no avail.  I figure the lamp burned out somehow, but again, since it was new in wrap I can only imagine it was bad from the factory.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#28]
oh here is a new picture of my current build
I think im pretty much finished andits time to
make another toy

www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTIwODQ1MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Update on my Surefire front-end:

Surefire said it sounds like the lamp burned out "prematurely", and they're sending me a new lamp free of charge.  Woot!  I didn't really want to have to drive back to Philly to deal with this heh!

Now I just need to pick up some shells!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#30]
how does one buy a new toy and then not get food to feed it
hmmmmmmmmm
I always have a few hundred or thousand meals for my toys
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
how does one buy a new toy and then not get food to feed it
hmmmmmmmmm
I always have a few hundred or thousand meals for my toys

I've been lazy .  I was going to pick up some Wolf shells for plinking but everywhere I look they're out of stock.  They're like 1/2 the price of everything else, too...Oh well.  I should be putting in an order somewhere soon enough.  CTD has some other stuff I want anyway, like a MOLLE pouch with some goodies in it, and the pouch is perfect for a portable car GHB.  I also wanted to pick up some P-38s and a magnesium fire starter or two.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#32]
i picked up two boxes at brick armory of the birdshot wolf to plink
I will be sighting in with the good stuff though
remingtons slugs and 00buck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top