Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
I used to sell refinished AR mags during the ban, and I am considering selling again to NY. Ive contacted my old suppliers and heres what I have come up with:

USGI 30 round mags, refinished with mil spec Black teflon coating, new green followers, floorplates repainted.

Price would be $13-14 each plus shipping.

Please respond with comments/interest, if I hear a good enough response I'll start selling again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
And as soon as I get my AR I will be your best customer
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i would be the father of your children lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll take a few off your hands.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be willing to try some.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, since you are asking how we feel about the price... I think it's a bit too expensive considering you can get NIW preban mags for 14-15 with the factory teflon finish.  I won't say where in this thread out of respect, so don't ask.  Maybe 10 -11 dollars would be more reasonable.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I suffer from date stamp paranoia, so if they don't have a stamp on the mag body I won't buy them.  

If they do, I like the price good sir, and I would certainly stock up!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, since you are asking how we feel about the price... I think it's a bit too expensive considering you can get NIW preban mags for 14-15 with the factory teflon finish.  I won't say where in this thread out of respect, so don't ask.  Maybe 10 -11 dollars would be more reasonable.  

Not exactly. You (and I stress you) cannot get NIW preban mags for 14-15 with a factory teflon finish. Somebody in another state can. $10-11 for the mags would be great, and if I could offer them for that price I would, facts are there would be no profit at all at that price.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I suffer from date stamp paranoia, so if they don't have a stamp on the mag body I won't buy them.  

If they do, I like the price good sir, and I would certainly stock up!

What? Why worry about it, if it has no date stamp on a USGI mag then you know its preban, actually probably made prior to 1989. I would be more worried with it if it did have a date stamp.

The average schmo cop would be more likely to know if it has NO date stamp then its preban. If they see a date its a better chance they will think its post ban, regardless of the date. I cant count how mant posts I have seen on here from people insisting that ONLY post pan mags were date stamped.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Only got one problem, I may have to get an FFL to receive these. The suppliers will not sort through the mags to separate the prebans from the post ban. If I get a shipment some will be pre, some not, and hence I could be up the river in no time if I get caught with the post ban mags!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not exactly. You (and I stress you) cannot get NIW preban mags for 14-15 with a factory teflon finish. Somebody in another state can. $10-11 for the mags would be great, and if I could offer them for that price I would, facts are there would be no profit at all at that price.

Ummm what? I already did. People in free states can get factory teflon D&H mags for $11. I just bought NIW (sealed) Labelle(factory teflon) and Colt (not teflon)preban mags for $15 each shipped.  You can also get NIW preban Adventure Line, Parsons, Okay, Sanchez, Center Industries and FN for 14 each or 15 shipped for 5 mags.  Tell me I can't again and I'll post the links...More power to you if you can sell used beater mags for the same price or even more than NIW mags.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I have preban USGI mags dated 1992. I fail to see how anyone could mistake them for a mag manufactured after 09-13-1994.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Ne1, there is nothing wrong in making a "heads-up" post to the NY crew for quality preban mags in another thread. AFAIK this is OK as long as you're not the seller.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have preban USGI mags dated 1992. I fail to see how anyone could mistake them for a mag manufactured after 09-13-1994.

No, thats not my point. Many people dont know that mags date stamped prior to 9/94 are legal. Theres lots of people out there who think anything with a date stamp is post ban.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm what? I already did. People in free states can get factory teflon D&H mags for $11. I just bought NIW (sealed) Labelle(factory teflon) and Colt (not teflon)preban mags for $15 each shipped.  You can also get NIW preban Adventure Line, Parsons, Okay, Sanchez, Center Industries and FN for 14 each or 15 shipped for 5 mags.  Tell me I can't again and I'll post the links...More power to you if you can sell used beater mags for the same price or even more than NIW mags.  

If you managed to get preban teflon mags for $15 then you got a good deal. I havent seen any for under $17. Usually they are around $20-25 when Ive seen em, except at the gun shows they are a little cheaper, and I havent seen any preban teflons floating around in a while.

Actually I was just at a gun show in Rochester, the cheapest AR mags I saw there were used beat up USGI 20s and 30s, the cheapest 20s I saw were 16, and the 30s were 15.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ne1, there is nothing wrong in making a "heads-up" post to the NY crew for quality preban mags in another thread. AFAIK this is OK as long as you're not the seller.

I did make a heads up post about these mags in another magazine thread in this forum. I posted it a couple days ago. I just didn't want to piss on this thread by posting it again here, out of respect for the seller.  Anyway these Labelles are amazing.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i would be the father of your children lol

You are smoking something funny.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
i'm in as long as they work...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#19]
My honest opinion is that the refinished mags aren't really necessary.  I can and have ordered preban mags NIW for $12.  I have a recent box of 10 on the floor next to me, '87 Okays and '76 Adventures.  

Granted I wouldn't throw away a good magazine but I think it'd be hard to sell them to knowledgeable buyers as a refurbished magazine at a good price.  I'm sure they'd be great gunshow sellers. Hmmm maybe I should go in the magazine business.

Just my thoughts FWIW

SoS
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did make a heads up post about these mags in another magazine thread in this forum. I posted it a couple days ago. I just didn't want to piss on this thread by posting it again here, out of respect for the seller.  Anyway these Labelles are amazing.

img110.imageshack.us/img110/4879/dsc011344qt.jpg

Do you have a link for where you got these for $15?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Where have you got NIW mags for $12 each recently? And recently means since 9/05.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where have you got NIW mags for $12 each recently? And recently means since 9/05.

Well? Where are you getting these for $12 each NIW recently? Got a link?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#23]
would be nice to see some pre ban beta c mags go for a decent price
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Info re $12 NIW preban mags sent via Email, ----bad news, checked with seller, he is out of stock.
Still watch the EE.  They're around.  hell I found em, and I don't look at the EE other than maybe once or twice a month.

SoS
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#25]
double did it, don't need to repeat it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top