Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 12:42:12 PM EDT
Been touring the world (Mainly Eastern sandy countries) and got back and the best gunshop in the world is gone, Did they move?
Any other shops around like it (you know, big with everything you want in) In the Rochester area.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll never forget the racks, upon racks of rifles that store had. Its been years, havnt seen or heard of them. Used to be at the Rochester gunshow all the time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this it?:

Creekside Gun Shop
Main East, Bloomfield, NY 14469
Tel: ETA removed...shop is closed

WBK
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Would of loved to be part of the going out of business sale. I love a place to shoot and shop. Went to a gun shop in farmington but he had 2 rows of wood stock rifles and some ammo. Looked like the stuff creekside tossed away after no one would buy it.
Heard of a place in east rochester I will take a look at, any one know of any more around the area?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Creekside closed their doors about 3 (?) years ago now. Supposedly owner had domestic problems (that was the rumor).

Try ProGun in Victor, Liberty Gun Shop a bit further east  (just S of next -Canandaigua- TW exit), and another board member mentioned Shooters Supply in Bloomfield in a very recent thread in this forum. I mean to visit that one myself when I get the chance.

ProGun has one of Creekside's best salesman as an employee. I like this shop.

Maxwell, can I assume we should be thanking you for your service? Welcome home!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
DONT CALL THAT NUMBER!
It isnt the gun shop, just a poor woman that has the same number they use to have. I just called it and she was very kind but she said Christmas is a pain.
Thanks for the Thanks but got out Oct 5Th, Signed out Nov 27th. I am tired and my wife missed me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Those guys are assholes. They had the free range out back and then decided that they would make it a member only range for $50 a year. Well that's great and all and I joined no sweat, 3 months later they went out of business. The rumor I heard was a bunch of "new members" got together and are suing him for all the people he ripped off in that scam.

There was no going out of business sale either, just locked the doors and called it quits.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Creekside DID have an auction, but from what I hear from a friend who attended, it was ended early when prices were lower than desired.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Creekside DID have an auction, but from what I hear from a friend who attended, it was ended early when prices were lower than desired.

Ahhh.. this I did not know. Either way I guess it never happened though so I wasn't completely wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Those guys are assholes. They had the free range out back and then decided that they would make it a member only range for $50 a year. Well that's great and all and I joined no sweat, 3 months later they went out of business. The rumor I heard was a bunch of "new members" got together and are suing him for all the people he ripped off in that scam.

There was no going out of business sale either, just locked the doors and called it quits.

There was a big auction
I was there
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:06:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Were they the ones that used to advertise on the radio?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top