Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:22:28 PM EDT
hello everyone,
after hearing about the saiga 12 ga being reimported again i'm thinking about getting one. for those of you who don't know a saiga 12 ga is a semiauto magazine fed shot gun based off the AK-47 design. I would like to have it changed to have a pistol grip and a regular stock instead of the  sporter kind that it comes with. i've read the NY assauly ban and am still not to sure. I live in nassau county. so my question is is it legal to own this here? also,is there ever any talk of recinding the NY weapons ban? thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
my understanding is that a semi auto shotgun cannot not have both a pistol grip and detachable mag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The evil features on a semi-automatic shotgun are:

i) folding or telescoping stock
ii) pistol grip
iii) fixed magazine that holds more than 5 rds
iv) a detachable magazine

You can only have 2 and since Saiga's come with detachable mags, a pistol grip makes it illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top