Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:00:41 AM EDT
I just bought my first AR.  It is a used bushy I bought from another member.  It came with an ace socom stock.  I do like it and don't want to get rid of it but am having trouble finding a way to pin it.  It has a screw on the side that you have to push to adjust the stock.  I unscrewed the screw, pulled out the spring and put small washers in it and replaced the screw.  It looks exactly the same, like nothing has been done but it can no longer move.  This is not permanent because you can just replace the spring and make it adjusable again.  Is this going to be good enough?  Will most people even notice it is not permanent?  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pin this socom stock?  Thanks guys.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just bought my first AR.  It is a used bushy I bought from another member.  It came with an ace socom stock.  I do like it and don't want to get rid of it but am having trouble finding a way to pin it.  It has a screw on the side that you have to push to adjust the stock.  I unscrewed the screw, pulled out the spring and put small washers in it and replaced the screw.  It looks exactly the same, like nothing has been done but it can no longer move.  This is not permanent because you can just replace the spring and make it adjusable again.  Is this going to be good enough?  Will most people even notice it is not permanent?  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pin this socom stock?  Thanks guys.  

I'm guessing soldering will have to be involved. Fact is, you get a PO who doesn't know the maze like gun laws on a bad day and he's able to pull and ajust the stock, washer or not, and you're screwed.

I've heard of guys with technically legal weapons spending a night in jail and that's that. Sucks but true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top