Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:46 PM EDT
alot of this and that goin' around about ways to cheat the AWB. first thing I do when I receive a "kit" to do one of my builds is grind off the bayo "ears" that are on the lug. second is to weld the muzzlenut/or muzzle brake in place. third is to change out the gas piston with a US made one. I also make sure that I have the other compliant parts for the build stored right with the kit. by doing it this way I know that I won't forget anything.(or at least hope not)  here is a pic of my recent yugo build, note the bayo lug ears are gone, as well as the nut welded. if your building in NY remember it's not just a parts count, you also have to make it legal on the state level.
by the way I actually shot a 10" group at 50 yrds. with this build.(not bad for a yugo)

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
How did you weld the nut? Is it a tack weld, silver solder, something else?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
did you build that rifle?  where did you order the parts?  hows it function?  total cost?

I REALLY want a yugo fixed stock
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. What was the condition of the wood from the kit?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually silver solder, but this one was Tig welded, yes I built the rifle from a kit I got from another ARFcom member. wood was in GC no carvings just the serial number on the stock. my other M70b1 kit has the carving of a cross with c's around it?serb maybe? I have built a few Romy kits, but this build compares to any Chicom I have ever had. the heavy rec. and smooth action...just wish they had chrome lined barrels.oh I also built it using an 80% blank. oh and the total cost... got the kit in a trade but worth about  $89
                    rec. blank                  $40
                    compliant parts         $70 most expensive part of the build
                     cold blueing              $30
---------------------------------------------------
                          =      $Priceless

took about  12 hours total working time
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#5]
looks awesome. where did you get the receiver?

screw the bayonet lug. how many times do you really use the bayo anyway??
i know dudes that wont buy or shoot anything not evily proper. thats just stupid to me.

looks great!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#6]
They arent any harder to build than any other AK, especially if you use a 100% receiver. The Yugos have a different front trunion than most AKs, they have these 2 raised parts or buldges, so you have to use a receiver specific to the gun. They are also thicker metal than most receivers. Other thant that , they are fairly standard. I just finished my Yugo build using a NoDakSpud/DCI receiver. They are the same ones that they are using for the Yugo Century underfolders on the market now. They dont have a chrome lined barrel, but if you arent using corrosive ammo, it shouldn t be a problem, unless the barrel is a rusted POS to begin with. Over all , they are well built and solid guns.

nodakspud.com/page2.htm
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
looks good to me. nice  stuff.  im not to worried about the chrome line stuff.
corrosive or non corrosive, properly cleaned -good to go.
i got to do some builds.
id like to do a RPK too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
looks really good bro!!!!   :)                 Do you plan on tricking it out any further, or are you going to leave it basic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
this is a basic beater AK that is built like a freaken tank! Ive been working on this one for awhile and when I picked up my SAR the other day it was so light! I am definatly impressed with the Yugo,just wish it had chrome lined barrel
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
this is a basic beater AK that is built like a freaken tank! Ive been working on this one for awhile and when I picked up my SAR the other day it was so light! I am definatly impressed with the Yugo,just wish it had chrome lined barrel

im seriously jealous of you....I want one in the same config.... anyone in NY have an extra 100% complete yugo ak reciever...?  i just may pick one of these suckers up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top