Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 6:18:15 PM EDT
I'm looking at a trade for a postban BM that has LEO marked on the lower and was wondering if it was legal in NJ. Does anyone know if the LEO marking on the lower makes any difference in NJ?

GF
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
what about NY?  im curious too
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm looking at a trade for a postban BM that has LEO marked on the lower and was wondering if it was legal in NJ. Does anyone know if the LEO marking on the lower makes any difference in NJ?

GF

Makes no difference in NJ. Just make sure it's in post ban configuration.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be technically legal in NY if it was in post ban configuration.

But I can bet you the cop who busts you won't know the difference and pictures of your AR15 will still be featured on the evening news when your "arsenal" is found.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It would be technically legal in NY if it was in post ban configuration.

But I can bet you the cop who busts you won't know the difference and pictures of your AR15 will still be featured on the evening news when your "arsenal" is found.

I agree. While technically legal, chances are that cops or other authority figures won't know the difference between postban and preban, with the exception of a folding stock maybe. If they see a restriction label for military/law enforcement only, they will automatically think it's illegal in the hands of a civilian and you will probably be arrested.  Why risk it?  The novelty of having a Leo/Military marked receiver only applies to guns with the evil features.  Makes no sense otherwise and definitely not worth the head ache, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any difference in the reciever between the LEO and the regular BMs?
What price range do the LEO BMs go for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top