Im wondering where is most friendly
ie no stupid capacity restriction, full auto, supressed, and short barrels
Im not worried of $200 tax stamps as I will be making great money

any thoughts
I hear PA is good for that
is this ok in Philly over the BF bridge or not in the city area
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably PA would be the best, as NY, NJ, & CT still have AWB and other wonderful restrictive laws. If you were to go into New England, Vermont is the best place for guns. No registration of any kind, concealed or open carry with no special permit, handgun purchases with no permit. Its probably the most gun friendly state there is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The area on the PA side of the Ben Franklin Bridge is a target rich environment, if you get my drift. But a lot of the targets are also armed themselves, usually out of someone's car trunk.  

I grew up in Philly, but would be hard pressed to move back inside the city limits these days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
the reason I ask is this May I graduate and will be looking for a job in the radiology field
and hopefully somewhere that is fun to be and somewhere thats gun friendly
but someplace not too far from a beach
Philly by the bridge is ok? yes no?
any other ideas
delaware maryland
florida?

its also about where i can get paid more too
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well not only where you can get paid more, but where your dollar will go furthest.  What good is making $10k more a year if you eat that and more up just paying your living expenses?

I vote for PA or VT.

+1 On PA or VT.  Although VT may be run by some wackos so you never know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
vt is having an influx of rich new yorkers right now, so it's just a matter of time until they try to "modernize" vermont's gun laws. Go with PA. I'm leaving new york this year for PA or Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
vt is having an influx of rich new yorkers right now, so it's just a matter of time until they try to "modernize" vermont's gun laws. Go with PA. I'm leaving new york this year for PA or Indiana.

What makes you think PA is any "safer". The same NJ idiots are moving there as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you think PA is any "safer". The same NJ idiots are moving there as well.

Right you are! Ed Rendell is not gun friendly at all!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
PA is not really in the Northeast . . .  more like mid-Atlantic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Vermont and New Hampshire would be my vote
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Head west, better weather to boot also
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I say VT or NH they need more people that can apreciate there gun laws.  Hu, that sounds kind of strange.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
CT really isn't all THAT BAD.....

Yes, we have the stupid 1993 ban and the effect of the 1994 fed ban with regard to bayo studs, externally threaded muzzles and collapsible and/or folding stocks. Beyond that, there is actually
very LITTLE in terms of actual firearm types that are really "banned".

CT has no magazine capacity restrictions

CT has a pretty good, "one size fits all" permit system, uniform throughout the state with built in CCW and less interference now than decades ago when individual chiefs of local departments with
anti gun political views used to stall permit applications

The only TYPES of firearms banned in reality are: AK clones in 7.62x39 only; The Khar Arms Thompson
clone and MAC carbine types

All other "types" of firearms are legal in CT as long as they are in "post ban" configuration and not one of the SPECIFIC MODELS banned on the 1993 list And you can have all the high cap mags you want
even marked "restricted" Gov't/LEO only, etc.

You can have belt fed semis, HK clones; AR clones; FAL clones, you name it.

The ONLY ammo that is illegal in CT is .50 BMG with either an AP or Incendiary (or both) component. Ball and tracer are legal. In fact there are some ranges that have their own .50 bans because of the fear of overtravel from riccochet or berm deflection shots.

CT is FAR EASIER to deal with than MA, NY,NJ on firearms. I don't know the permit/CCW process in PA.

We have a very EFFECTIVE gun rights lobby with the COALITION OF CT SPORTSMEN.
We've been able to fend off and defeat the more draconian anti gun bills  IN SPITE of being outnumbered by liberal, (and some conservative) anti gun leglislators.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Probably PA would be the best, as NY, NJ, & CT still have AWB and other wonderful restrictive laws. If you were to go into New England, Vermont is the best place for guns. No registration of any kind, concealed or open carry with no special permit, handgun purchases with no permit. Its probably the most gun friendly state there is.

Vermont is not as great as the gun writers would have you think; it's got a large population of granolas, and VT does not allow the possession of silencers. New Hampshire seems to have a much bigger population of gun owners. I mean, the state motto is Live Free or Die isnt it? :)

PA outside of the two P-cities (philly & pittsb) is a decent place. But honestly folks, don't consider *only* gun laws when looking at a state. PA IMHO has a huge problem with an overreaching state govt. There is a TON of regulation on homeschooling your children, for example. Ironically, way way more than NJ. There are always more than a few things to think about...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top