Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 9:19:28 AM EDT
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy an AR rifle from an in-law living in Ohio. It's RRA with a fixed carbine stock, but my question is about the barrel. My in-law said it's a RRA "post-ban" barrel. It has no bayonet lug, but its got a "fake" A2 flash hider press fit on the end of the 16" barrel. I told a guy at work about the deal, and he says I should check to make sure its legal here in NY because even though the flash hider doesn't work the way its mounted on the barrel, its still a flash hider. Would you guys know if this is OK or not?

Thanks,
Barry
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is what I'm thinking of, during the national ban RRA pressed a fake FH over the barrel.  It is in essence not a muzzle device, it is purely cosmetic.  There are no holes in it and it actually looks real nice.  It is 100% legal in NYS.  I used to have one of these.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them on both of my rifles which i built from model 1 sales kits. They are called "press on mock flash suppressors" and Their pupose is purely aesthetic and has no effect on the muzzle flash. Its 100% NY State legal
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
my m4gery is an RRA press-on FH barrel model. Looks good, doesnt obstruct the muzzle crown for cleaning, a nice compromise in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The ar15.com 2001 RRA LEGP postban rifles were configured with the fake RRA A-2 flash suppressor. It is also a different diameter so it doesn't function or count as a grenade launcher either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That's good news. Thanks to all for responding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top