Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 9:24:37 AM EDT
The next training module with Chris Fry is scheduled for Saturday, Feb 18th, 2006 at Otisco Lake R&G Club. Hours are from noon-4PM.

I believe this is the indoor module, mostly focusing on combatives. I or Chris will post more ASAP.

See you guys then!

Marc
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if Im supposed to post this but here is course info:

February 18, Defeating Unarmed Adversaries, Skaneatles, NY. $40.00. 12-4PM. Four Hours of weapon-less physical defense skills designed to give you the edge when confronted by an unarmed attacker. Learn how to counter violent criminals with words and empty-hand tactics. A small segment of this class will include a FOF Firearm evolution reviewing the December Close Tactical Shooting Workshop. Advanced registration is required contact [email protected]

Hope to see all you regulars there.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a review of our last 2 training modules by another student.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Have fun, Chris!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Thanks Ray. Should be a blast!

When are you heading back out to Vegas? Im going out in March to finish the Tier 1 cert. and I'd like to go out in the fall for the Tier 2 or Advanced Carbine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
So far, I am planning on heading out in May, Aug and Sept.  G will be joining me in Sept for a week out there.  G and I better see you out there in Sept!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
In Sept. I plan on attending the International Combatives Seminar hosted by Dennis Martin in the UK. Im also gong to Montreal for a Combatives seminar either in Sept or Oct so I dont think I will make it then. I'll catch up with you somewhere soon.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In Sept. I plan on attending the International Combatives Seminar hosted by Dennis Martin in the UK. Im also gong to Montreal for a Combatives seminar either in Sept or Oct so I dont think I will make it then. I'll catch up with you somewhere soon.

Busy guy.  I will see you in June for FwF Gen II upstate.  I will pack a few Teds, just stay off of them, you pervert!

Don't be a stranger, let me know when you come downstate, beers on me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually I wanted to speak to you about doing a course at your driving school. Denise and I both want to take a course and you are the man to talk to. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Call me this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Guys, the FOF drills will be held before the Workshop (11:30-12:00) and is restricted to those who attended the December Close Tactical Shooting Workshop. I do not want to spend a whole lot of time on this since we are planning a FOF only workshop for later in the spring.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Cut off date is feb. 8th for this class. At this time I have only received a few e-mails, if I do not get
at least ten people for this class it will be cancelled.

Thanks
chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm comming, and will try to light a fire under some of the locals.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok guys we are all set to proceed with the Feb. 18th class!

It's always harder to enroll people in Physical Defense Classes/Unarmed Combatives classes than it is to enroll people in firearms and weapons classes...

Why is that?

Because of two things. 1) It takes some balls to check you ego at the door and begin anew to learn something you know you may not be good at. Starting at the bottom sucks. 2) It can be hard work physically and mentally (as you will see). For some reason a lot of guys who I talk to and know seem to think a real confrontation isn't going to be much work- they will just out draw the prison hardened x-felon and shoot him into the deck....well, lets let them think that. I have never been able to change these peoples minds and only wish them the best and hope they never run into a bad situation.

A good reason to possess unarmed skills is integration of fighting platforms. Later this spring when we can be outside more (April/May) we will conduct a 4-6hr. FOF workshop. This workshop will focus on converting your PFC and other firearm skills we have been working on into man on man FOF drills. After this our next progression will be to integrate our Unarmed, Firearms and Contact Weapon skills into FOF drills- the closest you can get to a REAL FIGHT in training.

Not every situation requires ballistic counseling or the use of your tactical folder or fixed blade EDC (Every Day Carry) knife. Possessing the ability to transition from platform to platform or force option to force option as a dangerous situation unfolds is the mark of a true warrior and student of combat. This is the essence of PROTOCOM (Progressive Total Combat) and that is what we train for.

See you all in a few days.

Equipment:
Mouth piece if you have one- not necessary- user preference
Groin Protector
Blue Gun or Firearm Simulator- I will have a few
A willingness to learn!

Regards,
Chris Fry

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Equipment:
Mouth piece if you have one- not necessary- user preference
Groin Protector
Blue Gun or Firearm Simulator- I will have a few

This is a tried and true technique!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#16]
The TRT (testicle relocation technique) certainly has its benefits.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#17]
All I can say is DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! THUD! AAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGggggg
My kitbag is packed and ready to go.
Mouth protector CHECK
CUP.....                 CHECK
Airsoft  USP          CHECK
Airsoft FN P90       CHECK
Face Mask              CHECK
TESTICULAR FORTITUDE   CHECK
I guess we're ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Guys, the FOF airsoft drills will begin at 11:30.  We are going to run just a few evolutions. This training is for those who attended the December Close Tactical Shooting Workshop as I cannot spend a lot of time re-teaching skills in order to properly participate in the FOF Drills.

Thanks,
Chris

I am planning on arriving at the range at 11am if anyone wants to shoot the shit and/or look at new knives and guns before class. See you then!    
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Have fun today fella's. Wish I could be there. Oh yeah and dress warm
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Today is the INDOOR module. Not a pleasant day outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top