Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 5:10:08 AM EDT
I have in my possession an Iver Johnson M1 carbine, manufactured around 1985 so it's not a USGI, just a shooter. I saw that Choate makes a folding, pistol grip stock for the M1 carbine. The question is,  is this legal under the NYS AWB. Does the law specify that the gun has to have the evil features before 9/14/94 to be grandfathered or can the evil features be added to any gun made before the ban date? Thanks!

Whisky19
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
In order to comply with the letter of the law, the evil features should have been on the rifle in question prior to the ban. It's up to the government to prove you modified the rifle after the ban, but you could have lost the reciept, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure, but no one would be able to tell unless they could prove the stock was installed after 1994.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top