Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:14 PM EDT
My dad and I will be there bright and early......
S.O.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
all over it. I'll be there as soon as i sell the ammo i got...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm taking my pre-ban Daewoo and 7" AMT to sell or trade if I see something I like...

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Aimless, myself, Adirondack1, and a friend should be there Sat. AM.

Ed Sr can't make it. Too busy with the SEBR.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
where the hell do all you guys live? i was starting to think i was the only guy in upstate NY on here!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=192141

handy thread for JBTs everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
seemed to be a pretty decent show... even had some reasonable prices on 7.62x39.... bad selection of .22 ammo though.  saw a few SKS's, but they were all yugos, no chinese like i was looking for.  tons and tons of garands were for sale, there was one vendor who was devoted almost exclusively to them.

once in a while you'd run across something that was ridiculously overpriced.  a mosin-nagant for $1000? no thanks.  on the whole the prices were reasonable however.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Just rolled back into Buffalo after the show. SP10 I got introduced to you by Sharky30, but wasnt aware it was ya'll. Ran into PZGJR there also. All in all a good show. Better than sittiing in the office all day. Wish I had some items to point out for the rest of you guys thinking about going, but nothing really jumped out at me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I live only two miles from the show.  Went early.  Saw a pre-ban Colt for only $2,100.  Others in the $1,500 range.   Generally though prices were pretty good as mentioned above.  One vendor with a ton of AR parts.  One kid was not happy his parents wanted to buy him a K31 instead of one of the Mausers on one table.  I told him it was probably the most accurate rifle on the table.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I live only two miles from the show.  Went early.  Saw a pre-ban Colt for only $2,100.  Others in the $1,500 range.   Generally though prices were pretty good as mentioned above.  One vendor with a ton of AR parts.  One kid was not happy his parents wanted to buy him a K31 instead of one of the Mausers on one table.  I told him it was probably the most accurate rifle on the table.  

I think that $2100 AR-15 was an early production Colt SP1 with the non-trapdoor butt and a 3-prong f/h. Was dated circa 1969.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw a few norinco SKSs in the $3-400 range. can't remember where they were located though

I'm attaching my 3 point sling for my 870 now, it seemed like a decent price, and it didn't need swivels installed which is good because my 870 doesn't have any
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#11]
wow, thats a LOT more expensive than the yugos, which were going for $150-225 or so (looked to be in decent condition).  are the norincos normally that much more expensive?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
seemed to be a pretty decent show... even had some reasonable prices on 7.62x39.... bad selection of .22 ammo though.  saw a few SKS's, but they were all yugos, no chinese like i was looking for.  tons and tons of garands were for sale, there was one vendor who was devoted almost exclusively to them.

once in a while you'd run across something that was ridiculously overpriced.  a mosin-nagant for $1000? no thanks.  on the whole the prices were reasonable however.

I saw one chinese one, looked like a milled reciever. Was $170 or so.

I picked up a like new NAA 22mag revolver with holster, 22lr cylinder, and extra grips for $190 OTD and a VG+  S&W 3956 9mm with 2 mags for $350 OTD. Was a PD trade in, great little gun.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think norinco SKSs can be imported anymore
every one I've seen in the last 4-5 years has been at least double the price of the various eastern bloc ones
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I saw one chinese one, looked like a milled reciever. Was $170 or so.

dang, im angry i missed that.  i'd consider going back tomorrow and taking a look at it, but i'll be out of town.  oh well, hopefully there will be one at the next show.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I am probably going to run out after work tomorrow, last show i was at didnt have anything i wanted. I need to pick up a couple M1 Carbine mags and see how the ammo situation for .223 and 7.62x39 look. Any good WASR-10's showing up for reasonable prices? Looking for an interesting project gun. Sorry I missed yall
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]
there's a table, I think towards the back left, that has M1 Carbine mags, 15 round GI still in the wax paper for $10 each
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi guys.  I saw a preban Daewoo walking about! Should have said hello SO, had I known for sure;)

Hello L&L. Normally when Ed Sr is around, we have a group lunch afterwards. Hopefully next time.

A lot of neat rifles at the show. The one that caught my eye was a MilTech M1 Garand, 'new' and unfired in the wood box for $850 + tax. That rifle retails for $1550 on MTs web page. Good thing I didn't know the retail price for sure or I probably would have weakened and taken it home. My father in law has a Miltech 1903, and it is a beaut.

Most preban Colts were pricey, as noted. My friend Doug was very interested in buying a 9mm Colt. The one at the show that we saw was $1500 with a couple Colt mags. Doug picked it up to look at it, inserted a mag, and started to ask the vendor about the rifle. The vendor bitch at him for picking it up. Needless to say, Doug apologised and set it back down and walked away. Sheesh. Anyone got a 9mm Colt for sale? I have a buyer

I bough some ammo and parts. .308 milsurp is looking grim.

Not a bad show, all in all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I bough some ammo and parts. .308 milsurp is looking grim.

I am holding out until the Syracuse show in April for some mil-surp .308. I hope to find a case of SA in the battlepacks for under $150. If not ill be ordering it from AIM Surplus
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I had one dealer who was interested in my daewoo and asked to see it everytime I passed normally I would blow them off but he kept wanting to see it. He asked my price, I told him and he said we were "close" to a deal. I told him I would stop back by after I had seen the rest of the show. Long story short, as usual, a whole lot of tire kickers wanting to find the rare and elusive $500 pre-ban at a show.

I show back up at the guys table, he finger fucks it some more and gets out his "price book", looks around in it, and asks me what my bottom line is, I tell him $50 less than what I said earlier. He shook his head and handed it back to me and said that the book said I was to high. I laughed and said "book prices" mean little in the pre-ban market because prices and demand fluctuate so much that the prices they give are old by the time the book is printed. This coming from a guy that had used pre-ban M1As for $1800, used pre-ban ARs for $1500+ and the like. I told him if he wants to know the real value he needed to price shop on-line.

Well. I am sure that in his mind that because I came back and was getting ready to leave and still had it he was going to get it for next to nothing. Now I know that he has to buy at wholesale price to sell at a profit but based on his table prices he must have been buying at retail +10% and trying to sell at NEW MSRP!

I should have know better, skip the dealers and stick with pvt sales, if it pans out fine, if not you didn't just take a 30-40% hit in the ass.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I went back to the show today.  Saw the guy with the Daewoo.  He was willing to take $800 for it.  I passed.  Really don't need another gun that bad.  I did get a set of 14 x 70 binoculars for $34.95.  Good enough for some casual star gazing.   Sharper than I thought they would be for the money.  If the skys ever clear over western NY I'll give em a go.  

I also got me an EOTech 552 for $400 including tax.  Been wanting one for quite awhile.  This was a pretty good price so I bit.  It did co-witness pretty good with my iron sights already so it shouldn't take too long to sight it in at the range.   I didn't get any ammo as gasp,  I think I have enough for now!  I was tempted by a few battle packs 300 rounds of 5.56, but passed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#22]
There were TWO people walking around with Daewoos? Thats odd, they are quite rare, was it a real pre-ban or a postban made up with a non-folder? I was walking around with mine yesterday but was not there today.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought it was an OK show...good seeing lockedandloaded there...Sharky was that you walking around with him?

I just picked up some small stuff...did find some really nice 1st model AK bayos for $9.95! Grabbed one of those. Nice Romanian deep red bakelite grip, Romanian AK sling for $8.00 (found another one, bu the guy wanted $20...didn't need another that bad!), some WWII boxed .30-06, in clips I grabbed ($5.00/box...and I like original WWII boxed ammo, didn't have the "in clips" box variant). An AK book, some other odds and ends...

Best deal was ironing out the price wih my buddy Mike for a NON-IMPORT marked, non refinished SVT-40, with a German WaA on the receiever, and Finnish capture mark. Stock has been sanded and poly'ed, but that can be fixed. Great new piece for my German weapon collection...looks like it has been there and done that......

I saw it at his house last Monday, told him I'd take it....Saturday we talked about it, I threw him a price, he liked it, done deal I can't wait to get it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I thought it was an OK show...good seeing lockedandloaded there...Sharky was that you walking around with him?

That was me
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#25]
That was my Colt AR9mm on my table at Rochester, that SP10's friend picked, up and thereupon inserted the magazine. He did this after removing the " PLEASE DO NOT HANDLE WITHOUT PERMISSION" cardboard sign that was on top of it. There was no communication between the individual and myself, either verbal or by eye contact at any time. If he had talked to me, I would gladly have talked to him, answered questions, allowed him to insert the magazine, cut the "wire tie" securing the charging handle, work the action, open it up, whatever. The purpose of the tie wrap, in addition to being a show requirement as a safety factor, is to preclude the "tire kickers" from playing with the piece to impress their friends, their kids, others standing around,  their wives and /or girfriends, ans especially the vendor, with their total familiarity and mastery of the "evil looking black rifle". (ARs seem to be especially worthy of "tire kicking" at shows.) Gun show etiquette usually requires some contact between the customer and the vendor prior to handling the item, especially if a sign requests this contact. I did not say a word or "bitch" when he removed the sign, or when he picked up the rifle. I did "bitch" when he picked up the magazine and inserted it into the receiver. If I appeared rude, I apologize, but I do not feel "the customer is always right". Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
By the way, the Colt is still available for FTF in western NY.
Good Day to all..  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll be damned. It is a small world

Yeah, Doug should have asked you first, but he honestly did not see the sign, I think? And he was starting to engage you in dialog when you responded to him about "wear and tear on your rifle," rightly or wrongly.

Unfortunate, as he has been wanting a Colt 9mm for some time now (and had the money in his pocket).

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I still have the rifle. If he's interested, please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I still have the rifle. If he's interested, please let me know.

For $1500, I assume a verifiable pre-ban? Thanks. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Unfortunate, as he has been wanting a Colt 9mm for some time now (and had the money in his pocket).

Hey Marc- Heres a few auctions i ran across on some very nice Colts Im sure Doug would be interested in. All fall under the $1500 Price tag as well. I would implore him to check out our own EE. I always see some great deal on there.....

GunBroker 1
Gunbroker 2
Gunbroker 3
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Colt 6450
Post ban, NIB $1050 shipped. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Although that is a great price, No evil features for us on Post Ban rifles grasshopper . You know like bayonet lugs, Flash Hiders and collapsable stocks. Its all for the children......
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks guys!

Garry, I sent you an IM earlier.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Although that is a great price, No evil features for us on Post Ban rifles grasshopper . You know like bayonet lugs, Flash Hiders and collapsable stocks. Its all for the children......

Come on AD, I know your not giving in that easy. We sell the adjutable stock off of the 6450, its a Colt so its going to bring in plenty to cover the cost of a A1 stock($50-60), Schuster nut($5) swap of the FH & grind the sides of the lug. For $65 we just legalized/ruined the 9mm. Gotta love NY. -Justin

Ps. I really dont see Doug blatantly diregarding a "Dont fondle sign". No way, google eyed over the 6450 maybe, but not intentionaly disrepectful. The DR is to nice for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top